PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

LatinaC09

Reaction score
I'm still kinda confused on what exactly it does....I mean I have a playstation 3, what does this mean??

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm still kinda confused on what exactly it does....I mean I have a playstation 3, what does this mean??
It means you have a ps3??? what does that have to do with this though?? this is suppose to let you play ps1 games, but probably with extreme lag for many of them.

zMd113

Reaction score
How would you play these PSOne games? The PlayStation controller has so many buttons.

zMd113

Reaction score
How would you play these PSOne games? The PlayStation controller has so many buttons.

There's an option to sync up your Wii remore via bluetooth :)

Yeah but that is still no where near enough buttons to fully play the game. We need to be able to sync a PS3 controller instead.
Wii: 7 buttons including D-pad, 10 including nunchuck.
PSOne: 9 buttons classic, 13 including analog & L3/R3
Some games just won't be fully operational.

Reaction score
It means you have a ps3??? what does that have to do with this though?? this is suppose to let you play ps1 games, but probably with extreme lag for many of them.

Wrong about the lag i bought it put ff7 on it played the opening fmv without a issue iv played up until i escape the reactor and am now on the train with no graphic mess ups a few slow downs but nothing drastic at all overall its 100% playable as if i had it on my pc.

zMd113

Reaction score

Wrong about the lag i bought it put ff7 on it played the opening fmv without a issue iv played up until i escape the reactor and am now on the train with no graphic mess ups a few slow downs but nothing drastic at all overall its 100% playable as if i had it on my pc.

how are you playing it, with a Wii remote?

Reaction score

how did u get ff7 to work..i downloaded it but it wont show up on the psx thing

Reaction score
Not yet ill try it later if i can find mine, but im just using the touch controls after i enabled multitouch i found the touch controls great.

Reaction score

Dang not being able to edit, but anyways my ff7 is a iso rip of my own original ff7 from back in the day i just put it on a folder in my sdcard.

Reaction score

Dang not being able to edit, but anyways my ff7 is a iso rip of my own original ff7 from back in the day i just put it on a folder in my sdcard.

what kind of file is it..because .rar is the file that comes in when downloaded..and that doesnt seem to work..is there something else i need?

UNC

Reaction score
Ok, I know y'all were waiting for my input... I mean, just look at my avatar...
I bought the App because I'm a crazed PSone fan, (MGS, SotN, GT).

So here's the review;
First of all let me say that I ran all these test at the default, 30, 40, 50, and 60 (I assume hz) framerates, with no noticeable difference.

I loaded up my bios, synced up my Wiimote, and did my tests.

First game: Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Game runs at maybe 80% speed with major slowdowns when there is a moving background. It all seems to be there though, and it is pretty playable, even if the slowdowns can be unbearable.

Second game: Jet Moto
Game runs at basically full speed. I thought this would, since it is one of the oldest PSone games. Sound is iffy, but hey. I can't complain on this one.

Third game: Tekken 3
Game runs at maybe 25% speed, unplayable... It does look perfect, but the speed is just.... ugh. I expected this, as this is pretty much the pinnacle of PSone games.

Fourth game: Super Puzzle Fighter 2
I can't say much outside of "PERFECT".
This is probably the easiest game on PSone to emulate.

Overall, I'd give the app 4/5 *. It is FAR from perfect, but hell so is SNESoid, and ANY PSone is better than NONE. (on my phone)

Thank you Zodttd and Yong Zhu. I hope the updates keep making it better!!!

(I ripped my own games, since A) I have them, and B) it's not illegal****)
**** To my knowledge it's not illegal, although the DMCA can be quite confusing.

Now, to all the people asking about BIOS and .ISO..

First of all, how do you have the technical wherewithal to even know what emulation is without knowing what a BIOS is... and second, this part is to help you out.
Use this link - Let me google that for you
and this one - Let me google that for you

No one can tell you where to download PSX .iso. Pirating is ILLEGAL!!!!
You are not legally allowed to download .isos/roms or even BIOS files. You MUST back up your own!!! (or use a search engine, at your own risk)

There, I think I am covered legally.

UNC

Reaction score
By the way, I ran all of my tests while overclocked to 1200mhz with Chevyno1's LV 1200mhz 7slot kernel, and with GPS turned off.

Reaction score

what kind of file is it..because .rar is the file that comes in when downloaded..and that doesnt seem to work..is there something else i need?

You need to extract the file out of the .rar archive its like a .zip it keeps stuff in it, use winrar.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

It recreates a psONE console in software, thus allowing psONE games to be played on the Android platform. It has absolutely nothing to do with having a PS3 or not.