Omissions from GN and/or ICS

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm coming from HTC to GN (DINC -> TBlot). I know this is supposed to be vanilla ICS and all, but i think they left out some pretty key elements for everyday use. I am by no means an expert so if anyone has ideas on how to duplicate functionality either natively (that I am missing) or through 3rd party please help.

-Basic widgets: Hotspot and Airplane - Airplane can be found by pressing the power button, but man would I love to have a hotspot toggle?!

-Stock Browser: The HTC browser would re-column and re size the text beautifully, but on GN it does not. I have no idea if this is a Sammy vs. HTC thing. I am using Opera (which does this) for now, but I don't think it supports flash.

-Calling numbers with extensions - This one is HUGE for me and I'm sure for anyone that has to dial (800) 123-4567 x 1234. WIth the TBolt you can up operators within the contacts phone number details. on GN YOU CANNOT use "w" or "p" followed by an extension. those who use this know what I am talking about and its going to KILL ME if I have to remember everyone's 8 DIGIT conceal bridge details.

Contact integration is a mess - I've heard this is going to be worked out, but man what a disaster.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I can only help with the numbers in contacts. If you want to enter a pause, tap the blank key in the lower left of the keypad, there is an option to add a pause.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
If you'll do a market search for hotspot toggle its there I use it, and I works with barnacle.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
gotta say most of what you listed are part of UI's laid on by manufacturers. One of things I am seeing is quite a few returning Nexus's because they miss Blur, Sense....whatever......it's funny.

OP
P

PhishyKris

Reaction score
appreciate that..will check out the link for sure. I still have my TBolt just sitting on the desk. Ironically I am now getting 4 days of battery life on it, which is what happens when you pull the SIM and don't use it...at all.

I really became a SENSE fan and see myself moving back to HTC sometime next year when they get the CES phones to market. that is if they can take care of the battery issues, reboots, etc. man the TB was just plagued. still is a little.