HTC Desire HD review Pics/Videos

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a 2nd gen snapdragon in this. The same in the G2 (but better) which has been overclocked from 800Mhz to 1400Mhz.

WAAYYY more ram than someone should need.

A beautiful new 4.3 in screen.

Android 2.2 w/ Sense 2.5.

Plus, with the pics we get tonight from our good friend miami, we will be able to tell better about things like a kickstand, a ffc, etc.

And, maybe VZW snuck a different battery in this one, or maybe the body on this one will be easier to make an extended battery + case for.

Either way, I AM getting the Inc HD when it comes around. Phone has a ton of potential. Even with temp root I will easily be happy with this phone.. I can already tell.

Sent from my Droid

leonozug

Reaction score
You know Tank with the way this phone flys with that newer processor and the slick new Sense with all those different themes, I really don't even see a need to root it. I rooted my Droid 1 to make it faster, but geeze how much faster does this thing really need to be pushed? I will be happy with it just the way it is!! Let's all hope Nov. 23 is the true date cause my D1 is getting old...lol

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know Tank with the way this phone flys with that newer processor and the slick new Sense with all those different themes, I really don't even see a need to root it. I rooted my Droid 1 to make it faster, but geeze how much faster does this thing really need to be pushed? I will be happy with it just the way it is!! Let's all hope Nov. 23 is the true date cause my D1 is getting old...lol

I like true themes, plus neat little features. AND, if we get nand unlock, we could get aosp roms, which would be a huge plus for me. Just a few things i'd like to see happen. Won't ruin the phone for me though.

Sent from my Droid

leonozug

Reaction score
True dat Tank...it IS fun to flash Roms with my D1 and have the cool root features. I will definitely be happy just to have root with the Incredible HD though. But of course being able to flash a Rom on it in time would be a huge plus! lol

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
And I was just about to upgrade to the Dinc on Friday. Waiting another month or so wont hurt. THe Dinc HD sounds like its a sure bet.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I'm not to impressed with this phone at all. I like the body but where the battery is located.....I'm not to sure about that.

Not my cup of tea. Great write up though

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"I'd like to see the next showcase Bob... I think I'm gonna pass on this one"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Smart move : ) knowing you you'd be kicking yourself once the Olympus leaks start rolling in.

In all honesty armed with what we all know i believe upgrading at this point is pretty much a waste seeing that the LTE devices are right around corner. Not to mention the Motorola Olympus.

I guess it all boils down to what one is happy with in the end. Just food for thought.

Sent from my Droid

bd1212

Reaction score

Smart move : ) knowing you you'd be kicking yourself once the Olympus leaks start rolling in.

In all honesty armed with what we all know i believe upgrading at this point is pretty much a waste seeing that the LTE devices are right around corner. Not to mention the Motorola Olympus.

I guess it all boils down to what one is happy with in the end. Just food for thought.

Sent from my Droid

And I will be perfectly happy with the Droid Incredible HD. ;)

3G is perfectly fast for me and with people going over to 4G, maybe the 3G network will have even better speed. So maybe it'll be a win-win in my situation.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
I would love to wait for a LTE phone but I'm sure it will cost more than I am willingly to pay for it so the Incredible HD is my next phone.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell, there won't be lte where I live for a long time probably. I will upgrade to an lte device when we do get it, but till then I will stay on 3G. Inc hd will be a great phone too. I mean, wtf do you need dual core for?? Lol :)

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell, there won't be lte where I live for a long time probably. I will upgrade to an lte device when we do get it, but till then I will stay on 3G. Inc hd will be a great phone too. I mean, wtf do you need dual core for?? Lol :)

Sent from my Droid
3G isn't going to overnight become some obsolete service... So I am in complete agreement with you Tank...

... who needs a dual core? dancedroid ME! I can't purchase a single core device now knowing that dual core is on it's way.... so my want of dual core is going to force me to be even more patient to wait for it's arrival :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I mean, wtf do you need dual core for?? Lol :)

Sent from my Droid
You are asking the wrong question. Do I NEED it? No....but do I WANT it? YES SIR!!

I don't want things that are "fast enough" i.e. car, computer, smartphone.

If a company offers Jet packs and nitrous kits for my device I'd buy it : )

Things are never too fast and I won't settle for "fast enough" : )

psuHopp

Reaction score
I assume the HTC Desire is different then the Incredible HD?