HTC Desire HD review Pics/Videos

Jmart922

Reaction score
^^^nice signature image, I too was eagerly awaiting for the arrival of this phone but I recently got accepted to the RN program at school and now I wont be able to afford most of the luxuries like a smartphone monthly plan along with a few other sacrifices. Been thinking about going prepaid through Verizon, I wish this phone was usable on prepay like the Droid.

tktouch12

Reaction score
this phone looks pretty sweet, but besides a bigger screen and more ram will it be much different than my incredible?

this is a very good review

bd1212

Reaction score
this phone looks pretty sweet, but besides a bigger screen and more ram will it be much different than my incredible?

Sense is way more updated on this than on the Incredible. ;)

markwebb

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice, solid phone but not a "must have" phone.

I am beginning to fear every iteration of an Android phone is becoming a "me too" phone as opposed to a real, unique knockout.

I am still using a D1 and though I have quite a few months left on my contract, nothing is really wowing me or making me want to change other than the X and maybe the Fascinate.

However, I anticipate a lot will change within the next 6 months.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Huge disappointment...bad battery life , no HDMI port, no front facing camera, the camera lens on the back will get destroyed over time. I still going to stick with my Droid 1 until there is something better

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Huge disappointment...bad battery life , no HDMI port, no front facing camera, the camera lens on the back will get destroyed over time. I still going to stick with my Droid 1 until there is something better

I read that the 2nd gen snapdragon was supposed to handle the battery life better. Also, it does have a frontfacing camera. Unless you slam your phone onto a flat surface the camera lens will be fine...

bd1212

Reaction score

I read that the 2nd gen snapdragon was supposed to handle the battery life better. Also, it does have a frontfacing camera. Unless you slam your phone onto a flat surface the camera lens will be fine...

Yeah, don't just totally disregard this phone because of a review... Engadget tends to point out a lot of negatives on non-Apple devices. Also, the camera has a slight bump on the outer edge to keep the phone off the lens.

mtavenger55

Reaction score

Yeah, don't just totally disregard this phone because of a review... Engadget tends to point out a lot of negatives on non-Apple devices. Also, the camera has a slight bump on the outer edge to keep the phone off the lens.

Ugh Apple. Just because a product doesn't have a fruit on the back of it doesn't mean it's bad. Speaking of fruits I'm guessing Engadget is Blackberry happy as well? :laugh: Really though I can't wait for someone like Phonedog to review this phone, they always do a great job. Either way I'm not letting one review make me not want this phone & it's not even out yet.

bd1212

Reaction score

Ugh Apple. Just because a product doesn't have a fruit on the back of it doesn't mean it's bad. Speaking of fruits I'm guessing Engadget is Blackberry happy as well? :laugh: Really though I can't wait for someone like Phonedog to review this phone, they always do a great job. Either way I'm not letting one review make me not want this phone & it's not even out yet.

Never read a review from Phonedog. Are they bias at all? Engadget is super bias. They gave the Desire HD a 7/10 and the iPhone 4 a 9/10 even though it's a got a friggin' antennae issue.

mtavenger55

Reaction score

Never read a review from Phonedog. Are they bias at all? Engadget is super bias. They gave the Desire HD a 7/10 and the iPhone 4 a 9/10 even though it's a got a friggin' antennae issue.

They pretty much give all of the positives of phones even if the phone isn't popular. Unless they are doing a comparison between two phones. They pretty much said the Droid X wrecks iPhone in their Droid X V.S. iPhone video lol.

bd1212

Reaction score

They pretty much give all of the positives of phones even if the phone isn't popular. Unless they are doing a comparison between two phones. They pretty much said the Droid X wrecks iPhone in their Droid X V.S. iPhone video lol.

Haha... I don't see why everyone gives a huge fuss over the iPhone... it's a decent phone, definitely not perfect, but decent. It's not magical or revolutionary like Engadget claims lol.

tktouch12

Reaction score

Sense is way more updated on this than on the Incredible. ;)

yes, but if the specs are very similar (?) then it would be no problem to run the new sense on my incredible if it can get ported. or just use one of the sense hd roms that already exist for the incredible. (and it should run just as fast as on this if the specs are the same (besides screen and ram)

also, i dont think its fair to say this phone is a failure. yes it doesnt have the front camera, but it will still be fast and have a great screen and a very nice looking shape. also, seidio will make a battery for it that will help a ton there. (i have a seidio slim for my incredible and it makes a great difference)

leonozug

Reaction score
You know I was just comparing pics of the Desire HD with the leaked pics of the supposed Verizon Incredible HD version....if you look at both phones with the screen facing down, they look very different in the way you would get to the battery and SD card. The Desire HD has two different compartments to access both. But if you look at the pics of the Incredible HD the kickstand, it makes the design look very different. To me it looks like the Incredible HD may just have a one piece design to get to the battery and SD card, hopefully with that said it may come with a bigger battery in this newest incarnation. HTC may have addressed this shortcoming with the underpowered battery for all we know. Don't count this phone out yet!!

bd1212

Reaction score
You know I was just comparing pics of the Desire HD with the leaked pics of the supposed Verizon Incredible HD version....if you look at both phones with the screen facing down, they look very different in the way you would get to the battery and SD card. The Desire HD has two different compartments to access both. But if you look at the pics of the Incredible HD the kickstand, it makes the design look very different. To me it looks like the Incredible HD may just have a one piece design to get to the battery and SD card, hopefully with that said it may come with a bigger battery in this newest incarnation. HTC may have addressed this shortcoming with the underpowered battery for all we know. Don't count this phone out yet!!

I noticed that, too. The darker grey metal looks like the piece you remove to get to the battery/SD card.