Hello and Please Help!!!

X2errestial

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and thought I would start off by asking for some help (a little self-serving I know, but I hope to return the favor). I recently rooted my Droid X2 so that I could uninstall some unwanted apps and I got a little too aggressive and uninstalled some Google system files as well that I thought I would not need. Unfortunately, I now am not able to launch the Market app successfully without being prompted to add an account despite having a valid gmail account (tried deleting and recreating to no avail) or view my contacts. I can see my contacts, but when I click to view detail ... I get a message that reads: Sorry! The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I have to Force Close the app.

I have copied files from my girlfriends Droid X2 to the SD card of my X2 and was able to successfully restore most of the apk files. I have not been able to re-install contacts.apk or GlobalUnplug.apk and I am not sure if these files are associated with the issue at hand. I have tried to download root explorer through browser (since market is not working) without success.

I now know that should have backed up my files and/or renamed with .old extension to ensure restoration if needed. I have since installed Titanium Backup and have backedup my files.

Any ideas as to how I may resolve the issue with Market and Contacts would be greatly appreciated. Everything else is working fine - no problems.

X2errestial

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF. Unless you have a nandroid back up you could restore to you probably will have to SBF your phone and start over. It basically puts you back to stock unrooted and then you can start over again.