Old D1-MIUI-0.12.24.0

linkboy

Reaction score
Can someone try editing a contact picture on their phone and see if they get a android.process.acore error.

I get it every time I try to add a contact picture.

David522

Reaction score
I really like the vistor thing but i need to revert back cause i just get reboots after eachother.

Booch_21

Reaction score
Another issue that I can't seem to get corrected is the notification volume on e-mails or text messages. In the Settings area for Notification volume, it works fine as shown on the slider. But when an actual e-mail or text comes through, the volume is horribly low. Anyone else have this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and TiBa screen shoots, Booch! I'm sure they will be helpful for the community.

I just installed 12.24. So far it is stable. I reactivated and all of my apps installed. When Im finish rearranging the screens I am going to make a backup and install a kernel and some themes.

I'll report back on how things go.

Mike

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Why are there two Gallery .apk's? And what is this SideKick .apk? Thanks.
cuz the new miui one is for saving mms pics now, and is still very beta, kinda need the old one to fall back on
Getting reboot on screen shot any one else having that problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
yup, i knew i forgot to test that lol (its a new quick reboot function :p)
one small issue is that on first boot, change the ringtone to anything from silent if you want to here calls come in. THATS IT! I HAVE NO FURTHER BUGS TO REPORT.

Most likely due to these values in the build.prop:

Code:
ro.config.notification_sound=Soft.mp3
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.config.ringtone=Rave.mp3

These ringtones only exist in my mod. Point them to existing files and it should work! Good job on 0.12.24.0 BTW!
ok cool, thanks
Can i use this translation on Motorola milestone?
nope sorry
First, I wanted to thank you for such a great ROM and all the hard work you guys put into this.

However, this release is a big disappointment, at least for me. I had 3 issues with 12.11 and2 of them still exist:

1- Yahoo web based mail cannot be setup with the native email app. If backup through tibu, you can see the email but FC if you try to reply. This is obviously a big issue (for me and others). I rememeber it existed when I first got the D1 but it was fixed by Motorola and Yahoo. SMPT seems to be the problem. There was a workaround for this issue on the NET last year but it was creating multiple copies in the sent folder through IMAP settings. The native email app works flawlessly on other ROMS (CM).

2- Protected apps still do not show up in the market (build.prop issue). I can't install my purchased apps (slingplayer). Cleared cache but still a no go.

It seems the effort was spent to add the new market but not fix current problems.

The direct dial shortcuts are now working though (menu>editing mode<menu again<add shortcut). Thanks. Downgrading to 12.3.2 to see how that one deals with these issues.
1 idk, you could try another email app? (who uses yahoo?)

2 yea that issue was fixed in 12.18, ill see if i can get a fix for protected apps soon, (restore it from a backup for now if you can)
I am getting launcher FCs with the following error message: The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

This was after a clean install. Love MIUI but its stability has been weary since 0.12.3 release. I am switching back to Project Elite 4 for now.
haven't had ANY of those f/c's did you wipe?!

First off GREAT WORK, loving this rom. Having a major issue with the screen. It seems to be registering input even when I don't touch the phone. For instance when I boot up it will unlock the phone automatically even if I haven't touched it. Also when I want to add widgets the phone becomes unresponsive then switches from screen to screen. I was running 12.11 with no issues what-so-ever.

I did a full wipe before switching over. Ive also cleaned the screen, and pulled the battery.

Thanks in advance
thats crazy, i have similar issues when my phone is plugged into my laptop while my laptop is charging (too much current, makes the screen flip out) but other than that no issues for me on this.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Can someone try editing a contact picture on their phone and see if they get a android.process.acore error.

I get it every time I try to add a contact picture.

I just edited a contact, no error.
Works fine. Sorry,it doesn't work.

dbuglio

Reaction score
Just installed to hopefully fix the random reboots / panics that have been happening to me on 12.11

All went well until I restored my call log / messages from mybackup pro, now my messaging app will not open. Going to play with it some more.

CyD

Reaction score
Whenever I make a Titanium Backup, I can't restore the apps. All of the apps are crossed out.

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
k....i got a fix for the screen cap.....will make a minor release with some fixes....

Ozzie

Reaction score
This must be a real bugger to sort out issues. So many inconsistencies with different users. Some report goodness and others not so much. I've seen it across the different releases all along.
All I can think is we're moving forward...and results will vary.
Mine is much better so far than the last couple models and I like it a lot.

MJ5150

Reaction score
[.........ill see if i can get a fix for protected apps soon, (restore it from a backup for now if you can)

I'll hang tight on 12.18 until this is resolved.

BTW, what are protected apps? Ones you paid for? Nevermind, got my answer after doing a search. Fancy that!!! :) :)

-Mike

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is edit the files for them to appear. I don't remember where it is though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Finally got this booted:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App