OK so I am still very new to Droid but may be switching already....

rayjj

Reaction score
Got the Moto Droid about 3 weeks ago, but I was just playing with the Incredible in the store and I think I am wanting to switch. Reasons, the Incredible is faster, lighter, thinner, and is minus the physical keyboard that I really thought I was going to use, but find that I am not using it barely at all. Have a few questions. Pretty sure I just need to do a factory reset of the phone and erase the SD card and be good to go to ship the phone back right? I have my old BB I can activate in the meantime while I am droidless. I did buy a Moto docking station, as well as an extra USB cable, would those both still work with the Incredible? I'll lose out on the Otterbox case I got for the Moto, so maybe someone will want to buy one cheap. Anything else I should take care of before I do this? I have to send the phone back on Monday for it to get back in time or I am SOL.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the Moto Droid about 3 weeks ago, but I was just playing with the Incredible in the store and I think I am wanting to switch. Reasons, the Incredible is faster, lighter, thinner, and is minus the physical keyboard that I really thought I was going to use, but find that I am not using it barely at all. Have a few questions. Pretty sure I just need to do a factory reset of the phone and erase the SD card and be good to go to ship the phone back right? I have my old BB I can activate in the meantime while I am droidless. I did buy a Moto docking station, as well as an extra USB cable, would those both still work with the Incredible? I'll lose out on the Otterbox case I got for the Moto, so maybe someone will want to buy one cheap. Anything else I should take care of before I do this? I have to send the phone back on Monday for it to get back in time or I am SOL.

If you're within your 30 day period, don't hesitate go switch. I did that with my Blackberry Storm, was real glad I did.

brando56894

Reaction score
Id suggest rooting your droid just so you can see all the stuff you can do with it, you can always go back to stock. You'll be missing out with the incredible since it hasnt been rooted yet and theres no custom roms for it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont really know about the docking station, but the cable should be fine. And if he doesnt use or want the the slide out keyboard, wants a lighter and thinner phone, rooting isnt going to help that. :)

Now faster or just as fast as the Inc.? Rooting might bring him a lil closer....but thats highly debatable.

Last edited:

Mule65

Reaction score
I did buy a Moto docking station, as well as an extra USB cable, would those both still work with the Incredible?

I'm pretty sure the Moto dock won't work with the Inc. The Inc seems to have horrendous battery life and a poor phone signal so now you've been warned. I've noticed several Incredible users returning to Moto Droid lately.

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
I would assume the charging ports are in different locations between the inc and the droid. As far as battery life my friend just got the inc and was coming from one of the LG dumb/semi-smart phones and he says it has horrible battery life, even compared to my droid. Thats what a processor consistently at 1GHz will do...

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
I did buy a Moto docking station, as well as an extra USB cable, would those both still work with the Incredible?

I'm pretty sure the Moto dock won't work with the Inc. The Inc seems to have horrendous battery life and a poor phone signal to be prepared. I've noticed several Incredible users returning to Moto Droid lately.

Really people returning to the Moto? I can't imagine the battery life being any worse!!!! I am not really concerned about the dock, if it doesnt work no big deal.

I also do not care about rooting the phone, as long as it works well enough as is its good for me.

Keep any info coming, will have to take it all in!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the Moto dock won't work with the Inc. The Inc seems to have horrendous battery life and a poor phone signal to be prepared. I've noticed several Incredible users returning to Moto Droid lately.

Really people returning to the Moto? I can't imagine the battery life being any worse!!!! I am not really concerned about the dock, if it doesnt work no big deal.

I also do not care about rooting the phone, as long as it works well enough as is its good for me.

When people return to the Moto Droid it's not because of battery life. I don't think the Incredible is any worst then any other smart phone.

Man, people can get so hung up on this battery thing! If you don't want to root then get the Incredible. Or stay with your Droid and wait for 2.2.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

U do realize you just opened Pandora's Box....

And they both use Micro USB so the USB cord is ok.

Last edited:
OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
What are the reasons people are returning to the Moto? As far as phone signal, I have not had any issue with many different phones over the years on VZW, can't imagine the Inc could be any worse than any of them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the reasons people are returning to the Moto? As far as phone signal, I have not had any issue with many different phones over the years on VZW, can't imagine the Inc could be any worse than any of them.

Some people are folks that rooted and decided they would rather have the Droid. Some don't like the feel of the Incredible. Some miss the physical keyboard.

I don't think I've seen anybody say, "I'm going back to the Droid because battery life was significantly better."

I don't see every post. But I see a lot of them. :)

Mule65

Reaction score

On the HTC Incredible forum there are a lot of people returning Inc because of poor phone reception and battery life.

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
It would make sense the battery life being somewhat less with a much faster processor.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

On the HTC Incredible forum there are a lot of people returning Inc because of poor phone reception and battery life.

There will always be disappointed consumers. Met a guy on a plane yesterday who is going back to his Blackberry from his droid. A colleague of mine did the same. The bottom line is that the Droid and Inc are very different devices with individual strengths and weaknesses.

The Inc has a significantly less powerful/long lasting stock battery than the Droid. People will learn to manage its capabilities or move to third party batteries. Just as happened with the Droid. As far as reception is concerned, I strongly suspect it has more to do with signal than reception.

Just spent four days in Santa Cruz, California where my normally reliable Droid worked quite well as a music player and hardly at all as a phone.