HELP! Return the Droid for the Incredible? Time running out

jpoutre

Reaction score
I'm heavily debating whether to return the Incredible. I drive in PA and it's illegal to talk on the phone by hand or text. Droid Incredible does not offer Hands free voice dialing so unless I want to buy a $300 Pioneer stereo and another couple hundred to have it installed, I won't be able to make calls with my bluetooth. I also think that after you answer a call with a bluetooth that you still have to end the call by touching the screen so that's out of the question also. I really have a hard time believing a new phone would not offer hands free dialing in a day when many STATES not 1 but Many, have laws against holding a phone while driving! What gives?:iphone:

Huh? I don't believe there is a cell phone ban in PA, I see police driving and talking on cell phones all the time here in Pittsburgh. Cell phone laws by state can be found here... Cellphone Laws

Also, the Droid doesn't offer hands free voice dialing either, you have to tap on the microphone icon to use voice dialing and I'm not 100% sure but I would assume the incredible would work the same way.

I've owned a droid since release day and have never had an issue with it but if I were to get a new phone today I would look long and hard at the Incredible as technology generally improves with time. I thought the keyboard on the Droid would be great but as much as I try to use it I rarely do as I find the touchscreen keyboard easier and faster.

Just a note, I live in CT and we have a cellphone law while driving but here, the police are exempt from it. I have the Incredible and am disappointed I have to dial with it. I have a Moto speaker phone in the car and can hangup with that though.

iPirate

Reaction score
^^^HTC is generally high end good stuff. i think my incredible is more durable than my droid, you know the bigger they are the harder they fall thing. (I dropped and broke 3 droids, 1 screen and 2 sliders).
LOL

cheap plastic verses metal? lets think about it for a second.

warrior21

Reaction score
^^^HTC is generally high end good stuff. i think my incredible is more durable than my droid, you know the bigger they are the harder they fall thing. (I dropped and broke 3 droids, 1 screen and 2 sliders).
LOL

cheap plastic verses metal? lets think about it for a second.
Everyone wants to believe the phone they own is the best one on the market. I've played with the Incredible and just don't see the draw but I say get what works for you. All this HTC>Droid I've been seeing is hilarious though

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
You guys are funny, both of these devices will hold up just fine. Plastic/metal what's the difference? Yea, I know people might think oh metal construction it must be stronger, maybe. But unless you decide to play soccer with them they're both going to hold up to everyday wear and tear. The debate over which is better is just ridiculous. I don't get the issues MDroid owners have with the INC, except for the fact that the statement: "Everyone wants to believe the phone they own is the best one on the market." Hit the nail on the head with that sentence.

iPirate

Reaction score
You guys are funny, both of these devices will hold up just fine. Plastic/metal what's the difference? Yea, I know people might think oh metal construction it must be stronger, maybe. But unless you decide to play soccer with them they're both going to hold up to everyday wear and tear. The debate over which is better is just ridiculous. I don't get the issues MDroid owners have with the INC, except for the fact that the statement: "Everyone wants to believe the phone they own is the best one on the market." Hit the nail on the head with that sentence.
I have a problem with these threads. I wish I could tell the OP and the OP of similar threads to take their phone and jump out of a plane. If you have to ask someone else what phone to get, you have not done enough research on your own and shouldn't own any device or be allowed to post on the internet. :icon_evil:dancedroid

Mule65

Reaction score
I have a problem with these threads. I wish I could tell the OP and the OP of similar threads to take their phone and jump out of a plane. If you have to ask someone else what phone to get, you have not done enough research on your own and shouldn't own any device or be allowed to post on the internet. :icon_evil:dancedroid
images

Sayersj629

Reaction score
A friend of mine is on his 3rd HTC phone. He's using a touch pro2 now and before that he had the small one that ran windows mobile with no keyboard (and I can't remember what the other one was). He says that he likes HTC phones, but feels HTC is lacking in the long term quality department. After a year and half the small HTC phone he had looked like complete ****, all the soft touch rubber stuff was wearing off, and it just generally looked beat.

So if you tend to be a little harder on phones I'd go with the droid because obviously metal > plastic. But if you're like my mom and can use a phone for three years without racking up a single scratch, ding, or blemish (how this is possible I have no idea) go for the DINC.

I personally would still get the droid, but I'm a keyboard fan and I consider it a deal breaker since I don't like tapping out long emails on a touch screen. dancedroid

Last edited:

cashman

Reaction score
So I upgraded to a Moto Droid at the Costco kiosk about a week before the Incredible came out.

I like the Droid so far, my only gripe with it is it seems to be on the heavier side.

I played with the DINC for the first time today, and I liked the lighter weight and the camera (which I felt was far superior to the Droid's), but otherwise I couldn't discern much difference from the Droid (the Droid felt like it was made from sturdier materials though).

Anyways, my 30 day return period is almost running out. I am wondering if I should keep the Droid, or return it and then wait until the DINC is in stock in stores?

Like I said, I like the lighter weight of the DINC, but the heavier weight of the Droid is not a complete deal killer. What's most important to me is reliability. I want a phone that will not die or blow up on me. I've never had a HTC product before, so I am wondering how their reliability holds up compared to Motorola. I feel a bit more reassured about the Droid since it's been out for 6 months so I figure if there were major issues I would have heard about them by now. But if the Incredible should be a reliable phone, I might be tempted to go with that.

Also, physical keyboard isn't very important to me. It's nice to have, but not a must

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

After reading tons of reviews and articles, I come to the conclusion that it all depends on your choice.

The Motorola Droid has an advantage of battery life and call quality/reception. It it better then the Incredible Droid in that area.

However, the battery life can be resolved by using the ATK, and buying an extended battery that can last longer then the original one. It will add some weight to the phone. On the other hand, the call quality/reception is something that comes with the hardware and phone, that is why i chose Motorola Droid over the Incredible. I just bought it today.

In all other specification, Incredible is better then Motorola Droid. The speed, the camera, the design, and the weight. Additionally, according to some tests, Incredible Droid has more accurate touch screen but you won't feel that difference. In any case, I selected the Motorola Droid for its call quality, since Motorola has the reputation.