HELP! Return the Droid for the Incredible? Time running out

thechoson

Reaction score
So I upgraded to a Moto Droid at the Costco kiosk about a week before the Incredible came out.

I like the Droid so far, my only gripe with it is it seems to be on the heavier side.

I played with the DINC for the first time today, and I liked the lighter weight and the camera (which I felt was far superior to the Droid's), but otherwise I couldn't discern much difference from the Droid (the Droid felt like it was made from sturdier materials though).

Anyways, my 30 day return period is almost running out. I am wondering if I should keep the Droid, or return it and then wait until the DINC is in stock in stores?

Like I said, I like the lighter weight of the DINC, but the heavier weight of the Droid is not a complete deal killer. What's most important to me is reliability. I want a phone that will not die or blow up on me. I've never had a HTC product before, so I am wondering how their reliability holds up compared to Motorola. I feel a bit more reassured about the Droid since it's been out for 6 months so I figure if there were major issues I would have heard about them by now. But if the Incredible should be a reliable phone, I might be tempted to go with that.

Also, physical keyboard isn't very important to me. It's nice to have, but not a must

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
What i think is that if the phone does what you want it to do, keep it. If it doesn't, get a different phone. That's just my opinion, though.

claustin

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Droid is a bad device, but in my experience if you want better performance and don't care about the keyboard get the DI.

OP
T

thechoson

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Droid is a bad device, but in my experience if you want better performance and don't care about the keyboard get the DI.

Thanks for the reply. I definitely do not think the Droid's performance is lacking, I haven't thought of it as slow or sluggish in any way for any purpose that I have used it for.

I'm more into reliability, whether HTC or Moto have a better track record for building more reliable phones

Newps

Reaction score
So return the Droid and get the Incredible. Then before you get to 30 days on that return it for the Droid if you would rather have that.

OP
T

thechoson

Reaction score
So return the Droid and get the Incredible. Then before you get to 30 days on that return it for the Droid if you would rather have that.

You know, I've wondered about how this works exactly. Is it 30 days for EACH phone you try out? This doesn't seem to make sense, cause then in essence couldn't you just keep returning phones every 30 days?

Droids

Reaction score
You get ONE return/exchange within the 30 day period.

OP
T

thechoson

Reaction score
You get ONE return/exchange within the 30 day period.

Yea, so if I return for the Incredible and dislike it, I wouldn't be able to return it again for the Droid, right?

How would it work if i I just straight up return the Droid (which I would do since Incredible is sold out everywhere) and go back later (say in a month) to get the Incredible? Would I get another 30 days to try it out?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
You only get one return and sometimes you have to pay a restocking fee. If you harvest no problem with the Droid, then keep it. I think there will be another high end device to come out on Verizon before the year ends. If you have to own the newest devices then get the Incredible. I have owned the HTC Eris and I felt it was a very good phone. I just wanted a little more power at that time and the Droid was a logical choice. If both the Incredible and the Droid were offered at the same time, I may have chosen the Incredible. However, I am more than happy with the Droid and I won't be switching.

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
Return Incredible?

I'm heavily debating whether to return the Incredible. I drive in PA and it's illegal to talk on the phone by hand or text. Droid Incredible does not offer Hands free voice dialing so unless I want to buy a $300 Pioneer stereo and another couple hundred to have it installed, I won't be able to make calls with my bluetooth. I also think that after you answer a call with a bluetooth that you still have to end the call by touching the screen so that's out of the question also. I really have a hard time believing a new phone would not offer hands free dialing in a day when many STATES not 1 but Many, have laws against holding a phone while driving! What gives?:iphone:

edthesped

Reaction score
I'm heavily debating whether to return the Incredible. I drive in PA and it's illegal to talk on the phone by hand or text. Droid Incredible does not offer Hands free voice dialing so unless I want to buy a $300 Pioneer stereo and another couple hundred to have it installed, I won't be able to make calls with my bluetooth. I also think that after you answer a call with a bluetooth that you still have to end the call by touching the screen so that's out of the question also. I really have a hard time believing a new phone would not offer hands free dialing in a day when many STATES not 1 but Many, have laws against holding a phone while driving! What gives?:iphone:

Huh? I don't believe there is a cell phone ban in PA, I see police driving and talking on cell phones all the time here in Pittsburgh. Cell phone laws by state can be found here... Cellphone Laws

Also, the Droid doesn't offer hands free voice dialing either, you have to tap on the microphone icon to use voice dialing and I'm not 100% sure but I would assume the incredible would work the same way.

I've owned a droid since release day and have never had an issue with it but if I were to get a new phone today I would look long and hard at the Incredible as technology generally improves with time. I thought the keyboard on the Droid would be great but as much as I try to use it I rarely do as I find the touchscreen keyboard easier and faster.

OP
T

thechoson

Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses.

Have any of you owned HTC products in the past? What were your impressions?

Over the 10 years I've owned cell/smartphones, I've had several motorola products and they've all been generally solid, but I've never had an HTC phone, so was wondering how the brand is.

Guchi

Reaction score
^^^HTC is generally high end good stuff. i think my incredible is more durable than my droid, you know the bigger they are the harder they fall thing. (I dropped and broke 3 droids, 1 screen and 2 sliders).

kmo

Reaction score
HTC makes a quality device all the way around, if that's what you're worried about. I made the switch from MDroid to INC too and have been sooooo happy with my choice.