I returned my incredible today... bitter sweet.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Back to my Droid. I never really came to love the Incredible like I do my Moto Droid for some reason. The sense widgets were so good, but I hated them for some reason. I think it kind of took away from the customization of my phone. I felt almost like when I had my iPhone, like it was already set for me.

What I miss... that amazing camera, speed (rooted and over-clocked is not faster), and my htc widgets. But I'm super happy to have my droid back! dancedroid

mcjca-droid

Reaction score
Back to my Droid. I never really came to love the Incredible like I do my Moto Droid for some reason. The sense widgets were so good, but I hated them for some reason. I think it kind of took away from the customization of my phone. I felt almost like when I had my iPhone, like it was already set for me.

What I miss... that amazing camera, speed (rooted and over-clocked is not faster), and my htc widgets. But I'm super happy to have my droid back! dancedroid

How can the widgets be "so good" but you hated them?!?!?!
What did you hate about them.

I made the switch from Moto droid to the Drinc and I am very happy so far.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved thread to reduce any possible flaming. OP has a Droid now, better to discuss that switch here in the General Forum then the Incredible General Forum.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe the moto shadow or droid2 will be a better fit for ya!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome back nerdkill......

Yeah the Moto Droid community is omnipotent : )

There's a great deal of support and development going on and it's always very exciting.

Not to take away from the Incredible but it's pretty much what you see is what you get.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing because some people LOVE Sense and are satisfied with it. It's all about preference......

OP
nerdkill

nerdkill

Reaction score
wow... why would people flame over buying another droid? i really feel like this place is infested with 7 year olds and over protective parents.

as far as the widgets go... they were really clean and worked well. However, they weren't customizable at all. they would generally either take up too much of my screen, or they would be horizontal and not vertical like i wanted them. when you use helix launcher you lose all of your sense widgets and feel like you're missing out on other stuff whenever you use your phone.

i remembered some other things i didn't like. signal bars. i never had any problems with actually dropping calls, but it's a known problem that it doesn't show the correct amount of bars. i've been trained for too long to look at signal bars. i also didn't like that i never felt comfortable putting the phone down. it either rests on the camera eye or the screen.

finally... i tried out the incredible because it looked like and is an awesome phone. i miss it.

dwagner88

Reaction score
wow... why would people flame over buying another droid? i really feel like this place is infested with 7 year olds and over protective parents.

as far as the widgets go... they were really clean and worked well. However, they weren't customizable at all. they would generally either take up too much of my screen, or they would be horizontal and not vertical like i wanted them. when you use helix launcher you lose all of your sense widgets and feel like you're missing out on other stuff whenever you use your phone.

i remembered some other things i didn't like. signal bars. i never had any problems with actually dropping calls, but it's a known problem that it doesn't show the correct amount of bars. i've been trained for too long to look at signal bars. i also didn't like that i never felt comfortable putting the phone down. it either rests on the camera eye or the screen.

finally... i tried out the incredible because it looked like and is an awesome phone. i miss it.

Did you try removing sense and just running vanilla android?

I tried the phone out in the store, I'm recommending it to my sister (she has an upgrade due friday). I couldn't buy one because it wasn't in stock (must be popular), but I did think about it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it felt almost too light in my hand. Now that I am used to the relatively heavy weight of the droid, I have a feeling that I am going to struggle to find a phone that doesn't feel too light when the time comes for a replacement.

OP
nerdkill

nerdkill

Reaction score

Did you try removing sense and just running vanilla android?

I tried the phone out in the store, I'm recommending it to my sister (she has an upgrade due friday). I couldn't buy one because it wasn't in stock (must be popular), but I did think about it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it felt almost too light in my hand. Now that I am used to the relatively heavy weight of the droid, I have a feeling that I am going to struggle to find a phone that doesn't feel too light when the time comes for a replacement.

yeah i used helix launcher which is pretty vanilla. the only thing was that you couldn't use your sense widgets when you do. so whenever you're on vanilla android you're missing your sense widgets, whenever you're on sense you're missing your helix launcher. seems silly because you can switch back and forth, but i just never got used to it.

it is the perfect phone for your sister though (assuming she isn't a tech/gadget person). the entire time i was using it i was thinking that it was the perfect phone for someone that wasn't familiar with android already. i do understand why android phones are confusing to people that aren't already familiar with tech and don't want to read on forums. most of the people that actually love their droid's haven't even seen 10% of the stuff it can do. i know that i can give my dad an iphone and he'd be fine, but when i gave him my droid he was just frustrated for two weeks straight. i had to go back and just get him a razor, i couldn't take the stress of explaining what to do anymore. i think he would have had an easier time with the sense ui. my wife loveddddd the incredible though, so did i for that matter. just not the right phone for me.