Will the Incredible ever be as popular as the DROID?

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
I doubt it. By the time Verizon catches up with all of the orders the next two droid phones will be out! Plus, Verizon hasn't been pushing the incredible nearly as much as it's been advertising the original Droid. Still a great phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bkfist

Reaction score
Actually, do NOT get the Droid X, 2, or Pro until it has been verified to have an open boot loader and root.

You do not want to be stuck with a closed, proprietary system.

Sent from my Droid

iPirate

Reaction score
Actually, do NOT get the Droid X, 2, or Pro until it has been verified to have an open boot loader and root.

You do not want to be stuck with a closed, proprietary system.

Sent from my Droid
I've been "stuck" with stock Droid for 7 months and I think it is great.

Only thing I would like is wifi tethering and I'm waiting to see what happens with 2.2.
dancedroid

mach330

Reaction score
That's just because they're having trouble keeping up with Incredible orders. Believe me if they didn't have such a screw up with the AMOLED screen then you would be bombarded with Incredible commercials.

What about the N1? Why did it fail?

HTC doesn't make quality phones, simple as that. Verizon sees it and they aren't going to spend millions marketing a poor quality phone.

dancedroid

actually n1 is a different animal. that's a whole marketing thing by google on how they sold it. it would be different if att or tmo was able to sell them in store. htc's are great phones. look at the evo. htc is moving up and building some great phones. although i do believe as far as build quality, they are still behind moto.

iPirate

Reaction score
That's just because they're having trouble keeping up with Incredible orders. Believe me if they didn't have such a screw up with the AMOLED screen then you would be bombarded with Incredible commercials.

What about the N1? Why did it fail?

HTC doesn't make quality phones, simple as that. Verizon sees it and they aren't going to spend millions marketing a poor quality phone.

dancedroid

actually n1 is a different animal. that's a whole marketing thing by google on how they sold it. it would be different if att or tmo was able to sell them in store. htc's are great phones. look at the evo. htc is moving up and building some great phones. although i do believe as far as build quality, they are still behind moto.
Evo is nice but I think they make too many bad choices in hardware, the evo's battery life is less than 6 hours or something insane... :(

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

dancedroid

Not surprising coming for you. You have always made up unsubstantiated stuff about the incredible to feel better about the moto droid.

This is a stupid argument, and one that screams the dysfunctional attitude of, in order for my device to win, this device has to lose. This attitude plagues these forums.

Its an unfair question anyway, the Moto Droid was release months before. If the Incredible was released first, this pointless question could well be the other way around.

I owned both phones and this made up stuff about the incredible made of poor quality is from people who are talking out of their ass and haven't a clue. What's even more disappointing is, its coming from a bunch of moto users that instead of trying to raise up all android phones as a whole, they would rather have division.

Both phones are built around Android OS, and both have their strengths and weakness.

Moto = better build
Incredible Browser = much better word wrapping, snap to column view.
Moto = hard keyboard
Incredible = superior copy and paste.

The list goes on and on, and as far as that myth of the screens in direct sunlight, get over it. I have 20/20 vision and after comparing them both here in sunny Ca, they both suck in direct sunlight.

The fanboyism on which phone you have, and how your Android phone has to be superior to the all other Android users phones is ridiculous and stupid. I didn't think I would every say it here, in this community, that I have been a part of for many months, is starting to have the same closed mindedness that I seen from apple fanboys.

A divided house cannot stand. Its about being Android OS more than Moto. Being Android OS more then Incredible. Being Android OS more then Droid X.

You want all Android devices to succeed, because if your device succeeds, it makes other devices succeed. Which in turn brings more users to Anddroid OS.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm lol, I'm a bit weary of htc just because they make so many models. But I do have to admit the incredible is a nice device. Got a chance to pay with it a little the other day and was pleasantly surprised. Didn't feel as "cheap" as everyone was making it out to be. Ask waiting on news for that 2ghz motorola model though lol. And to answer the original question, Imo no just from how verizon is treating it.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

dancedroid

Not surprising coming for you. You have always made up unsubstantiated stuff about the incredible to feel better about the moto droid.

This is a stupid argument, and one that screams the dysfunctional attitude of, in order for my device to win, this device has to lose. This attitude plagues these forums.

Its an unfair question anyway, the Moto Droid was release months before. If the Incredible was released first, this pointless question could well be the other way around.

I owned both phones and this made up stuff about the incredible made of poor quality is from people who are talking out of their ass and haven't a clue. What's even more disappointing is, its coming from a bunch of moto users that instead of trying to raise up all android phones as a whole, they would rather have division.

Both phones are built around Android OS, and both have their strengths and weakness.

Moto = better build
Incredible Browser = much better word wrapping, snap to column view.
Moto = hard keyboard
Incredible = superior copy and paste.

The list goes on and on, and as far as that myth of the screens in direct sunlight, get over it. I have 20/20 vision and after comparing them both here in sunny Ca, they both suck in direct sunlight.

The fanboyism on which phone you have, and how your Android phone has to be superior to the all other Android users phones is ridiculous and stupid. I didn't think I would every say it here, in this community, that I have been a part of for many months, is starting to have the same closed mindedness that I seen from apple fanboys.

A divided house cannot stand. Its about being Android OS more than Moto. Being Android OS more then Incredible. Being Android OS more then Droid X.

You want all Android devices to succeed, because if your device succeeds, it makes other devices succeed. Which in turn brings more users to Anddroid OS.
Very well said... they are completely different types of phones with one thing in common, android OS. If you want a phone with only a soft keyboard go with the incredible. Also, the incredible came out not too long ago compared to nearly 8 months with the Droid. Either way its a stupid argument... who really cares which is better physically. Find a phone you like and use it.. no need to bash all other phones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
let me say this having all 4 Droids in my home. The Droid and the Incredible are very very good. I like the Incredible of my Droid. I never even touch the regular Droid any longer. The N1 is nice but not as nice as the Droid Incredible and the EVO is nice also.

The Droid Incredible may not be as popular but it is on par for me. I say there is room for all of the devices here...........so BRING IT

Mojo

Reaction score
Well I make my living selling these devices, and I can tell you that I get more requests for the incredible than the Droid. If there was not inventory issues with the incredible. It would easily out sell the Droid 1. So IMO yes the incredible has already got more popular then Droid 1.

zMd113

Reaction score
Well I make my living selling these devices, and I can tell you that I get more requests for the incredible than the Droid. If there was not inventory issues with the incredible. It would easily out sell the Droid 1. So IMO yes the incredible has already got more popular then Droid 1.

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say!

Mojo

Reaction score
Well its the truth. ^^ Droid 1 is already last years technology. It was the device that made android popular. And has paved the way for future Android devices. But really many don't like how heavy it is
Many don't like the slide out keyboard. And many want the latest and greatest. I even believe once the inventory issues are fixed it will give the Droid x a run for its money in sales. Personally I cannot wait! I'm gonna sell the crap out of all of them! It will be a good Christmas this year! ;)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea like some have said the Inc just came out, only time will tell. Having delays isnt helping it either. Ppl need to see it for it to become more popular.

But Verizon is helping it become popular by bringing it under the Droid umbrella more: similar boxes, similar commercials. Even on the promo page for the X the Inc is there, along with the Droid also.

Only time will tell. The delays are not helping it. The less the general public know about the screen shortages, the better. Verizon and HTC can just spin it like, they were delayd for being "omgwthpwnallzsuper popular!!!""

Cuz really....do we know if the delays are cuz of real high demand....or cuz of Samsung, trying to push their phones out on all 4 carriers with their own screens....

btw....when was the last time u ever heard of a phone manufacture releasing a phone on every carrier at the same time?

HTC got caught short handed. U can also thank Samsung for the iPhone switching to the IPS screen:

Apple Had a Back-Up Version for the Next Generation iPhone

Also of note is the fact that Apple had rejected the use of AMOLED and/or OLED displays after investigating the screen technology since around the time of the development of the iPhone 3GS. One reason is that there are supply constraints with AMOLED screens, which is causing delays of the Droid Incredible and the AT&T Nexus One.
Apple got wind of issues way back then and went in another direction.....how many other phone manufactures did the same, how many are even using Amoled....did HTC even now about this and still decide to go forward?

To be fair:

Yet another explanation is that although AMOLED and OLED screen technologies offer a better display technology for images and videos, creating brighter colors and deeper blacks, the display is not as good as its LCD counterpart for rendering text. According to an analyst, "With Apple quite keen on pushing e-reading businesses, AMOLED may not be the best solution at the moment." Text has been an important element with the iPhone 4.0 operating system, which will be a major element with the iBooks app for electronic books reading and Apple in the end chose LCD perhaps based on the screen technology being able to deliver crisper text.

So its a chance Apple wasnt gonna use it anyway. But still.....they knew about supply issues when the 3GS was in development.....

All that adds up to some questionable decisions from HTC, along with using lesser chips in their current phones, especially when Motorola and Samsung come out 2 months later and have better chips in their phones.

But as long as Verizon sells it under the Droid name, it should be a popular phone. Whats gonna hurt it? The 4" Samsung Fascinate. Better spec wise, IMO a perfect size between the Inc and the X. Thats gonna give the X a run for it money in sale also.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But if you talk to the mass public, the ones that don't know the difference between a blackberry storm and a Droid, and ask them if they have even heard of the Incredible they will say no. But I guarantee you they've heard of the Droid.

Mojo

Reaction score
I agree jroc! It would have been nice for the facinite to get the Droid branding as well. But oh well, its still gonna be a nice alternative.