Am I alone? Moto Droid -> Eris

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I, too, got the Droid for myself and replaced my wife's first gen "Envy" with the Eris. Long story short, after more than a week trying to adjust she returned the Eris. The main problem was that she couldn't adjust to the virtual keyboard. Sadly, when we returned the phone VZW found it was defective and the problem with the keyboard (utterly unpredictable choice of letters) could probably have been cured by replacing the phone.

But as they say, you never get a second chance at a first impression and my wife wanted nothing more to do with the Eris. She went back to her Envy and is awaiting another Android phone that combines a huge screen, a physical keyboard, miniscule size, and minimal weight.

Fortunately, she did not apply the same set of contradictory standards when she chose a husband.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
... She went back to her Envy and is awaiting another Android phone that combines a huge screen, a physical keyboard, miniscule size, and minimal weight.

Fortunately, she did not apply the same set of contradictory standards when she chose a husband.
Mine didn't apply those standards when picking me either luckily :icon_eek: