Am I the only one kind of annoyed about the eris getting 2.0

brianr0131

Reaction score
I like my Droid and want to keep it. I don't care that other phones get it. I am just annoyed that I wad mislead

You were not mislead. You misinterpreted the information. That's no one's fault but your own.

You still have a keyboard, faster processor, better screen, better battery life, and a better quality piece of hardware.

Get over it man.

Droids

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to feel like that jackass. I was lead to believe the Droid woul have 2
0 and not the Eris.
And Dell computers should be the only computers that get to run Windows 7, right?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe Google will release 2.1 to the Droid at the same time they release 2.0 to the Eris, just to appease the OP,

sorry, couldn't resist...

Fleury14

Reaction score
Seems like the more phones that have it will make for better apps

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was always known that the eris was getting 2.0. Was stated before i even got my droid that it would get 2.0 and i got mine at release day. They stated because Sense UI was not up to date, they didn't want it to get 2.0 without it. So they waited until they could port 2.0 over to the eris before they upgraded to 2.0.

Your asking what does the droid get that eris 2.0 won't? Maybe be ahead of it by 1 updated? Droid users are going to 2.0.1, will the eris get this update, noone knows. But the 2.0.1 update is there to fix errors, and a few other things. I believe what you misinterpreted was that it DID come with 1.5 ot 1.6 or whatever version it came with. They just weren't getting 2.0 as soon as the droid was, because of sense ui. No one ever said they weren't getting it, and if there was a rep that told you that, then that rep was a moron.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
You can always return the moto and get the htc. But i like having a flash for the camera and flashlight. Like the screen, speed, keyboard, micro usb, car mount and the dock. The moto is just a better package. If you want another home screen try home++, gde,and a slew of others. I personly like stock 2.0

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
I'm glad more phones are getting 2.0, it will attract more android users and spur app development further along.

As for the Eris, I don't care what it's running- I'd much rather have a Droid.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Eris is getting 2.0. It will give developers more reason to make apps 2.0 compatible and it will also give everyone more choice between hardware without having to sacrifice the software. Now if someone likes the Eris they don't have to think "damn but it doesn't have 2.0".

Plus if you want to be superior or whatever, you still have a keyboard, a bigger screen, a higher resolution, a higher mp camera with a flash, a glass touch screen, a faster processor, etc.

No one ever said that the Droid was the only phone that would ever have 2.0. You didn't pay enough attention. The Droid was the FIRST phone to get it. It was also the ONLY phone to have it for a WHILE, not FOREVER.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seems like the more phones that have it will make for better apps
exactly and it will draw more devs to the platform because of a unified OS.

easy to develop for one OS than 3 +

LordKastle

Reaction score
Sinn in our army you have demonstrated one good quality...that you actually care.

Now do not let anyone else change your opinion. Like I have said in various threads....we want an army/and not a democracy fill of infidels.

Silverwing

Reaction score
My dad got me a new bicycle...and two months later he got my brother a bicycle, too. I was misled, because I was under the impression that my brother would not be getting a bicycle. I asked my dad to take back my bicycle, because my brother has one, too, now. I am no longer unique in that regard, so I had him upgrade my bicycle to a tricycle.

C WUT I DID THUR?! AMIRITE OR WUT?

Oh, wait.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
More people running 2.0 = More development for the platform (APPS APPS APPS!)

How can this even be considered a bad thing? Right now 2.0 is a single supported device... so unless you've got a DROID there's no vested interest in 2.0. Put it on every Android phone :) We'll all benefit.

LordKastle

Reaction score
One must give the OP some credit.

In our army we need beings who care and who want to push forward. Then there are those who become complacent..those are the infidels- they come for the ride but cannot be relied upon. He has invested himself...and he should not be discouraged.

Sure, he was misled. Us as humans are prone to deception. This is the nature to our physical existence. We have been led to look for all our answers within the empirical world.

What makes the Droid the Droid is not the pieces of puzzle. It is the puzzle as a whole. It is not about the existence of humans on this Earth, but humans as entities within the Universe and Cosmos as a whole.

It is not about the operating system, just as it is not about the screen size, processing power, and any other physical "spec" one can name. It is the phone as a whole...Droid Does.

We are here to battle.