new droid owner soon, need help deciding which one

hemi1300

Reaction score
my phone plan is up on this coming monday and i am looking forward to getting my new droid!! Current phone is the lg dare, which has been decent, but really excited to finally have a smart phone. Between the incredible, x, and 2, i'm leaning toward the droid x. My wife recently got the incredible and hates it, battery life is absolute crap and will never hold a phone call. Really thought i would want the droid 2 bc of the slideout keyboard, but since using the dare for 2 years, i really like a solid touch screen. Any opinioins or advice on which one out of the three u guys would prefer the most?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
and here we go again....

we cannot decide what phone you get. it's obvious you don't want the incredible and that the only thing holding you back from the droid 2 would probably be the thickness, due to the keyboard.

sounds like you already made up your mind with the DX

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Not to
BeatingDeadHorse.gif
but what phone you get is totally up to what you want and how it feels in your hand. However, nabbing a top-of-the-line phone when you can is a good idea. Take a look at the newest story on the front page and see if that phone is right for you. :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first of all, welcome to the forum!! once you get your droid, i think you'll find this place to have a wealth of info, and plenty of helpful people! hope you stick around!! :)

as for your phone choice, that is really a personal decision, that depends on your needs and likes. my recommendation is to go into a VZW store and spend some time trying them all out. the one that's best for you will most likely become apparent after a little testing. also, just fyi, there are supposed to be several new phones coming out in November, including the Droid Pro (Nov 11) and the HTC HD (much like the EVO) (rumored to be Nov 23).

happy hunting, and i look forward to seeing you around the forum when you make your choice! :)

fox_dye

Reaction score
They are all solid phones. The only one with true root is the incredible. The other two use bootstraps to load roms and backup and restore data. All in all its your choice. You can't really go wrong its an android.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
ok thanks for the advice, will go to verizon when the time comes and just see which one i like best. Obviously it seems this has been posted quite a bit, just wanted some advice as to which would be the best pick. Seems they are all about the same anyway, and it just comes down to personal preference. Trust me, i will be back on the forums searching numerous stuff on my new droid once i finally get it, and of course asking for some help here and there

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have the D1, my wife has the D Inc, and some friends have the D2 and DX. being rooted, i'm perfectly content with the D1. but if i had to get a phone tomorrow, it would probably be the DX. personally, i'm holding out for the T2!!!! :)

RudyN

Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I am in the same boat as you as I will be getting a Droid within a couple of weeks and am flip flopping between the DX and the D2. I will have a chance to look at one of my daughters new X as the company she works for is giving everyone a Droid phone of their choice and she will be receiving a DX shortly.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The x is huge, the d2 had they physical keyboard. That'd be the main difference.

Unless you're going for the r2d2. :biggrin:

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

xmguy

Reaction score
I too have the Droid 1. Love the FULL system access that the Droid 2 or Droid X don't allow. If I HAD to choose I'd probably go with the X. Simply because it's got more features. But I'm happy with my Droid 1. Your choice though. We are not in your head. :)

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I have the droid 2 and love it....the x was too odd shaped for me. I like the heft of the 2 as well....stock rom oc at 1.35 is great....rooted for free tether through barnacle.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for the advice, will go to verizon when the time comes and just see which one i like best. Obviously it seems this has been posted quite a bit, just wanted some advice as to which would be the best pick. Seems they are all about the same anyway, and it just comes down to personal preference. Trust me, i will be back on the forums searching numerous stuff on my new droid once i finally get it, and of course asking for some help here and there

No matter which one you choose remember you are not going to get the battery life of your Dare by a long shot.
You are also coming from a push to make it go touch screen to a real touch screen and getting used to the UI will take some time as well

wified from a monolith using a slider

xmguy

Reaction score

No matter which one you choose remember you are not going to get the battery life of your Dare by a long shot.
You are also coming from a push to make it go touch screen to a real touch screen and getting used to the UI will take some time as well

wified from a monolith using a slider

Agreed. I had the Dare a few years back too. I could stream music all day and still not need to charge the phone for a few days. I have to charge my Droid at least everyday. It's just a higher end device. The Dare was a "feature phone" the Droid and other phones are smartphones. So they are doing alot more. So they drain more power. I'll say the only thing I haven't found that is better than the Droid from the Dare is the camera. But it's a no brainer. Smartphones are the future. The cellphone co's know this.

GrinReaper

Reaction score
My fiance has a D2, and I have a DX.when I was getting mine,i was confused too.i wondered if I was making the right choice going for the DX, once the phones arrived, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. I had the same concerns as you too. Don't get me wrong, the D2 is beautiful and both are on par with the performance, but the larger screen on the DX is to die for. The D2 is also marginally heavier.the size is not a problem ar all...the X fits in my pockets comfortably...and swype makes typing a breeze...you will not miss the physical keyboard that i can promise :)

Swyped from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

James Kara

Reaction score
I have DROID 2 and I'm very pleased with it. A lot of features, fast processor, though it's a little heavier for me(170g). If you haven't choose yet check out Motorola phones. There are a lot of options and can compare the models dancedroid