I think I am done.....

OP
S
Reaction score
Printer Share allows you to print emails, text and several other options.

Had mine since 11/6 and about two weeks ago I slowed down. That is until I discovered BetterCut. Now I search the web for better icons and the possibility of creating my own. Changing the background almost daily. My Droid has taken over my life! HELP!

Hahaha. I wanted to look into better cut. Thanks for the printer info. I guess thats my next endeavor.

My Droid has taken over my life! HELP!

My wife grabbed the phone only twice today from me so I think I'm "getting better". LOL

- Mega

Hehehe

can u link me a beautiful widgets download

in the market

OP
S
Reaction score
Printer Share allows you to print emails, text and several other options.

Had mine since 11/6 and about two weeks ago I slowed down. That is until I discovered BetterCut. Now I search the web for better icons and the possibility of creating my own. Changing the background almost daily. My Droid has taken over my life! HELP!

Does better cut slow you down?

thanks

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
BetterCut is slow to get a new icon/app on the Home Screen, but once there, I haven't noticed any difference in terms of speed or performance.

- Mega

JayMonster

Reaction score
My guess is... you'll be back. Right now there is a finite number of apps, and once you go through the process you have, naturally there is a lull. You can only go through the market so many times before you get bored of scrollling through the same lists again and again... panning for that nugget of gold.

But, in a few months, things will change, new apps will appear, others will get better (or worse) and the game will be afoot again. Heck, it may not even take that long... one 2.1 hits... my bet is you will be back at it again as there will be new things that take advantage (or break under) the updated OS.

So enjoy your free time away from the market... it won't last. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
My guess is... you'll be back. Right now there is a finite number of apps, and once you go through the process you have, naturally there is a lull. You can only go through the market so many times before you get bored of scrollling through the same lists again and again... panning for that nugget of gold.

But, in a few months, things will change, new apps will appear, others will get better (or worse) and the game will be afoot again. Heck, it may not even take that long... one 2.1 hits... my bet is you will be back at it again as there will be new things that take advantage (or break under) the updated OS.

hahah :) AGREED!!!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got to that point and then I decided to redo all of my screens. Then I decided to change home replacements. Then an update came out for the other home replacement so I changed again. Then the Swype beta came out and I tried that. Everytime I think I'm done, another update comes out or another app or something else fun (like the 2.1 apps). I reached the "done" point really quick on my Curve and Storm. I'm glad this one keeps my attention.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, there is always something new coming out. Whether it is a new app, a leaked app, a new widget, or an update for something you already have. I love it. Once 2.1 comes out I think there will be quite a bit of activity because multiple phones will get 2.1. The Droid is the only phone with official 2.0 so there aren't too many 2.0 specific apps. Once 2.1 comes out and all these G1 users upgrade to a Nexus One, things will get interesting. :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As soon as more devices are on 2.1 we'll all benefit. More phones using the OS will create more interest for developers since they'll reach a wider platform! Right now what's hurting Android is it being segmented. It needs 1 OS, as the iPhone has. (Sorry to mention that dreaded device)

JayMonster

Reaction score
As soon as more devices are on 2.1 we'll all benefit. More phones using the OS will create more interest for developers since they'll reach a wider platform! Right now what's hurting Android is it being segmented. It needs 1 OS, as the iPhone has. (Sorry to mention that dreaded device)

I know from a "geeks" point of view (and writers that write for geeks) they see "segementation" as a problem, but I think that is quite overblown.

Yes, there were issues, with different screen resolutions (ie Droid) that developers didn't account for initially, but the updated SDK addresses that now, and it doesn't take much more than a little forethought on the part of the developers to account for that issue (back in the stones ages, developers had these issues developing for various screen resolutions on the PC as well).

When (if) the next gen iPhone comes out, and it is a vast improvement with a higher resolution or bigger screen size, those 100,000 apps will also need to be reworked and it will have not as vast, but still a segmentation to deal with. Such is the way of the world with apps and new versions that come out to go with newer platforms.

In the end a segmented market to a degree, I believe is what will ultimately HELP and not hurt Android as a platform. Because, there simply is no *one* device that is right for everybody. So, I can have the Droid, free and clear of anything else, where others will want MotoBlur or Sense or TouchWiz (ok, honestly... does ANYBODY besides Samsung developers like TouchWiz???).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I know from a "geeks" point of view (and writers that write for geeks) they see "segementation" as a problem, but I think that is quite overblown.

Yes, there were issues, with different screen resolutions (ie Droid) that developers didn't account for initially, but the updated SDK addresses that now, and it doesn't take much more than a little forethought on the part of the developers to account for that issue (back in the stones ages, developers had these issues developing for various screen resolutions on the PC as well).

When (if) the next gen iPhone comes out, and it is a vast improvement with a higher resolution or bigger screen size, those 100,000 apps will also need to be reworked and it will have not as vast, but still a segmentation to deal with. Such is the way of the world with apps and new versions that come out to go with newer platforms.

In the end a segmented market to a degree, I believe is what will ultimately HELP and not hurt Android as a platform. Because, there simply is no *one* device that is right for everybody. So, I can have the Droid, free and clear of anything else, where others will want MotoBlur or Sense or TouchWiz (ok, honestly... does ANYBODY besides Samsung developers like TouchWiz???).
Well put Jay. +1 for your thoughts :icon_ banana: