Official Feature Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrewer81

Reaction score
WOW!!!! dancedroid Great rom! I have been messing around with it for about a day now and it is supper smooth and definitely magical . I do have a couple requests and one suggestion However.
1. Add a pull down notification bar widget. One where your can designate 6 actions like WiFi on/off, BT on/off, Brightness etc.
2. Lock Screen Phone and Message Slider. Preferably "Transparent."
I use the above two options on an hourly basis if the rom I happen to be using supports it. I would love to see this in future releases of this rom.

On to the suggestion/idea. Now... I am not sure if this is even possible, but my idea is to add a message/notification area right in the middle of the lock screen. What would be displayed in this area (roughly 4x1 or 4x2) would be your latest Gmail email (sender, subject and first line or two), Gtalk message (sender and first line or two of the message), SMS (sender and first line or two of the message) or missed call (Number, name etc). When the area is pressed on you would be routed to that specific message. If it is possible to make so you can scroll through your last "X" number of messages all the better. I got the idea from the "Ticker Bar" that the Samsung Continuum boasts. Again, not sure if the idea is feasible but since you guys appear to be able to do magic, let the Harry Pottering begin :)

Again a job well done! Happy Holidays and keep up the stellar work!!! Donation to follow!

Look at miui Rom they have exactly that

edit: damn auto correct

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

True... I just can't quite get the #Phone-ish theme thing through my brain. Even if using ADW or LP as my launcher.

However, they don't have the Gtalk or Gmail notification Quick view on the lock screen. That is what I would really love to see incorporated into this ROM. :)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
good sugestions

good suggestions so far. please remember we are new to this. Its hard because everyone has something they like from some this rom or that rom. And we will try to incooperate the most suggested features that are not redundant first. Our goal is 100% satification with no problems with the rom. We are currently working and fixing the few problems we have had and once we have this worked out we will move on with more features so please keep up the suggestions :)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fwiw I like how you are handling things. never put yourself in position where you burn out.

listenman20

Reaction score
y'all have some nice boot animations and all but i haven't seen a command in there to switch it to one we may have on our sd card....maybe add an option just below the surprise ones that will switch to the one on our sd card?

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
y'all have some nice boot animations and all but i haven't seen a command in there to switch it to one we may have on our sd card....maybe add an option just below the surprise ones that will switch to the one on our sd card?

Definately possible if u'd like that I can write that later today and push it out through rom update tomorrow with the new scripts to make the switch to the ftp.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

donerico

Reaction score
WOW!!!! dancedroid Great rom! I have been messing around with it for about a day now and it is supper smooth and definitely magical . I do have a couple requests and one suggestion However.
1. Add a pull down notification bar widget. One where your can designate 6 actions like WiFi on/off, BT on/off, Brightness etc.
2. Lock Screen Phone and Message Slider. Preferably "Transparent."
I use the above two options on an hourly basis if the rom I happen to be using supports it. I would love to see this in future releases of this rom.

On to the suggestion/idea. Now... I am not sure if this is even possible, but my idea is to add a message/notification area right in the middle of the lock screen. What would be displayed in this area (roughly 4x1 or 4x2) would be your latest Gmail email (sender, subject and first line or two), Gtalk message (sender and first line or two of the message), SMS (sender and first line or two of the message) or missed call (Number, name etc). When the area is pressed on you would be routed to that specific message. If it is possible to make so you can scroll through your last "X" number of messages all the better. I got the idea from the "Ticker Bar" that the Samsung Continuum boasts. Again, not sure if the idea is feasible but since you guys appear to be able to do magic, let the Harry Pottering begin :)

Again a job well done! Happy Holidays and keep up the stellar work!!! Donation to follow!

True... I just can't quite get the #Phone-ish theme thing through my brain. Even if using ADW or LP as my launcher.

However, they don't have the Gtalk or Gmail notification Quick view on the lock screen. That is what I would really love to see incorporated into this ROM. :)
The notification pulldown is one of the things I use constantly, the other is LED colors. With respect to notifications on the lock screen, have you thought about using widget locker and finding one or two widgets to accomplish what you need?

listenman20

Reaction score
Definately possible if u'd like that I can write that later today and push it out through rom update tomorrow with the new scripts to make the switch to the ftp.

i'd very much like that.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hesitate to ask for stuff other devs do but one thing I found very useful in cm6+ was ability to unlock phone by hitting menu key.

pbrewer81

Reaction score

The notification pulldown is one of the things I use constantly, the other is LED colors. With respect to notifications on the lock screen, have you thought about using widget locker and finding one or two widgets to accomplish what you need?

Tried widgetlocker a while ago and it made the phone laggy. But ill give it a try again. Ya never know.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is it possible for the update screen to tell you yes/no if update available?
not sure if that would take up to much screen space.

DankDroid

Reaction score
Don't know if this was mentioned yet but I would like to remove the clock from the notification bar.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Don't know if this was mentioned yet but I would like to remove the clock from the notification bar.

No offense to you but I have seen before why does everyone want to remove the clock from the notification bar I hate not knowing what time it is

Status
Not open for further replies.