OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Ok guys, going to lay down and get some rest, been up all night. If anyone runs into any problems later you can pm me and ill do my best to assist you if you are still needing help, good luck everyone and Grats to those who now have there desert!

Ok, copy the download of the utility 1.7, save on desktop, make a new folder on the desktop and name it 1.7,now extract, the download of the utility to the folder named 1.7. Open up the folder, and install the drivers you need, and then double click the utility and follow prompt.
I did that with no such luck

ICS is up and running on my MAXXdancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid.

Tried to istall it with stock maxx and it failed so i tried to reinstall it using DroidRazrUtility 1.7 with option 1 and it failed again, so I tried it with option 2 on the utility and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the guide!!!:hail:

Razr: up and running stock ICS now...

Thanks for the OP guide, it helped a lot...

Got error 7
Got error 0
Got softbricked
Ran DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS
Got wiped
Got new recovery
Got booted into GB again
Got into new recovery
Got ICS
Now got to rebuild everything in the new ICS environment...

Whew...

Thank you so much for this. I got an error once the first time I did it and bricked it, but I just went into recovery mode again and cleared the cache then tried installing the update again and it worked. If anyone can give me a link on how to root this or tell me how to do it that would be nice.

OK I can't wait for ICS any longer, going to give the 1.7 Utility a shot. I've reviewed Matt's instructions and help thread. A couple of points are not clear: 1 - the utility itself should be ran on your desktop? 2 - should CWM or safestrap or bootstrap already be installed? 3 - does step 1 of the utility install the zip or should I install that from recovery? 4 - do we need to run all of the steps listed? I'm on rooted GB 2.3.6. I already have Voodoo OTA root keeper installed with root temporarily disabled, and I previously uninstalled safestrap and removed recovery. So, in this scenario, which steps do I need to complete and in what order? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get my tasty ICS!dancedroid

For all of you having problems with the first install its gonna happen. Just hold power and the volume down button. Then put your back into recovery. Clear the chash TWICE and install it again. For all of you freaking out about your battery being almost dead. Don't worry about it. The second time u do it takes literally 2 minuets.

So after failing to install this yesterday and putting GB back on my phone successfully I just want to make sure all the system info is correct. Can someone please verify that my info is correct.

System version 6.12.181.Xt912
Android version 2.3.6
Kernal verison 2.6.35.7 and other numbers and letters after. If they are important i'll type them.
Build number 6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8
Build date Thu Mar 9

I'm sure i'm just over thinking things but I'd rather be sure everything is right here.

Back