OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

After fouling around all day yesterday with the various methods then I followed this and it WORKED!!!! Note I did NOT clear cache once I started this process.

1) Download the update
3) Place on your SD card.
4) Droid Razr Utility - Fastboot back to .181. You will lose everything in this process.
5) ****DO NOT ROOT YOUR DEVICE****
6) Enter stock recovery after succesful fastboot (Power all the way down, then press Power and both Vol keys together...select Recovery with Vol Down, enter it with Vol Up)
7) When the triangle shows up, press both Vol keys together.
8) Apply update from SD card
9) Choose the .zip you copied
10) It will work for a while, then fail at the very end.
11) Reboot, you will be stuck at moto logo.
12) Force power off (Power + Vol Keys for a few seconds)
13) Repeat everything from step 6 forward, the update will work on the second attempt
14) You now have your truly stock, untainted, non-rooted ICS.

Good luck!

For some reason Matt's utility doesn't work. Tried it on my Windows 7 computer, same error "The system cannot find the path specified". Phone is in fastboot mode, connected with the official USB cable it came with.

Always did 2x cache wipes, and yes I have done the data wipe.

Put the files at the root of your drive so that there are no spaces in the file path.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok making sure! Let me ask you this, when you downloaded the file, did you make a folder and extract the file there? We are definitely missing something if its doing it on both machines!

Extracted using Winrar. Everything is together (minus the folder "Drivers") in the same folder, in the root of my C drive.

The key is just start out using matts utility step one...before doing anything
I tried every known combination without using Matts utility. None of them worked. So I used Matts utility and instaleed the OTA and....BOOM ICS!!

Voodoo Rootkeeper isnt working. Unable to root.
How do I root ICS?????

Sharpshot152 said:
Extracted using Winrar. Everything is together (minus the folder "Drivers") in the same folder, in the root of my C drive.

All I did was downloaded and saved to desktop, made a folder on the desktop and named it 1.7, extract file there, double clicked it, installed drivers and started it up, follow the prompts.

Sharpshot152 said:

Have to go to fast boot screen, make sure plug phone in when asked, clear cache 2 times, and data wipe, reboot and repeat back to option one and start it!

Ok making sure! Let me ask you this, when you downloaded the file, did you make a folder and extract the file there? We are definitely missing something if its doing it on both machines!

Finally got the utility to work! Trying to install ICS again. Will report back. Thank you again for all of your help!

Bornatiger said:
I tried every known combination without using Matts utility. None of them worked. So I used Matts utility and instaleed the OTA and....BOOM ICS!!

Voodoo Rootkeeper isnt working. Unable to root.
How do I root ICS?????

Use the utility, has option for rooting 4.0.4

Sharpshot152 said:
Finally got the utility to work! Trying to install ICS again. Will report back. Thank you again for all of your help!

Anytime, glad I could help!

Ok, you need to simulate a battery pull. Hold power button and the volume down keys together. When phone powers off hold down the power, volume up and volume down keys together, this will put you in fast boot mode!
ok i was able to get into fast boot mode and tryed to run matts utility option 1 but it dosent work

halster said:
ok i was able to get into fast boot mode and tryed to run matts utility option 1 but it dosent work

What did it say, specific?

halster said:

Just asking, you got into recovery, pressed the down arrow key, highlight fast boot and then the up arrow key?

halster said:
it said the system cant find the path spec

Ok, copy the download of the utility 1.7, save on desktop, make a new folder on the desktop and name it 1.7,now extract, the download of the utility to the folder named 1.7. Open up the folder, and install the drivers you need, and then double click the utility and follow prompt.

Back