MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

7779311mm

Reaction score
Jelly Bean is now supported in the latestFoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) 2.12 build if you have the following Verizon phones: Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Droid 4, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Sorry for the delay! We are slowly adding more phones.
For Motorola Jelly Bean phones FoxFi will ask you to install a certificate. When you do that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first. Please see description about this.

Required.

You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.

Currently WiFi mode may not support some phone models and we are working to expand the supported list. However Bluetooth/USB mode works for all phones. To check and see if WiFi mode can be supported on your phone visit developer's site.

Again you do not need a tether plan or root your phone (otherwise this software will be meaningless). It WiFi mode prompts you to call your carrier that means FoxFi has failed and you should use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.

*If you have T-mobile, you should use USB mode with “Hide Tether Usage” enabled.
*Sprint and AT&T has removed FoxFi from Market. If you can not find FoxFi please install or upgrade from developer's site.

*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when you install any user certificates. We recommend
a. Use a Pattern lock for simplicity. The Motorola PIN lock screen could confuse you.
b. This is the only way FoxFi can enable WiFi mode when you don’t have a tether plan. Use USB mode if you really don’ t want the lock screen.
c. To undo the screen lock you have to remove the FoxFi certificate first (simply select “clear credentials” in security settings).
*The free version has a usage limit that requires you to restart FoxFi to continue using free mode. You can purchase the full version key to unlock this.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won’t be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a “repair” on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.
7. If you install the FoxFi AddOn app, you will also be able to hide tether usage by setting a proxy server address in the computer browser.

Last edited:

doug494

Reaction score
OK I cannot find this problem in the thread.

I was rooted with ICS (proper version) I used Vodoo to temp unroot, reboot, factory wipe, try to install from sdcard and I get this error

E:failed to verify the whole-file structure
E:signature verification failed

Help please.

GotnFX

Reaction score
OK I cannot find this problem in the thread.

I was rooted with ICS (proper version) I used Vodoo to temp unroot, reboot, factory wipe, try to install from sdcard and I get this error

E:failed to verify the whole-file structure
E:signature verification failed

Help please.

What exactly are you trying to do..update to ICS version .215? Try re-downloading the file.

doug494

Reaction score
Of course I missed one step in the instructions.

Make sure USB debugging mode is checked under settings > Developer options and to make sure Unknown sources is checked under settings > Security.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Yes I am trying to go to version 215 to stop the JB update
just curious, why are you trying to prevent the roll over? I've been missing in action for this whole semester. Just finished finals last week and was planning on doing the dreaded factory reset to downgrade from .215 back to the O.G. ICS so i can then jump to JB.

doug494

Reaction score
I like stable platforms and I don't think JB is on the Razr Maxx. Right now there are many posts about JB not working quite right.

IMO the phone was designed for ICS and that OS will likely work best on it. When there are a bunch of posts about JB running great on it I may switch, but 'til then I'd like to stick with ICS and not get the constant update notifications.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I like stable platforms and I don't think JB is on the Razr Maxx. Right now there are many posts about JB not working quite right.

IMO the phone was designed for ICS and that OS will likely work best on it. When there are a bunch of posts about JB running great on it I may switch, but it'til then I'd like to stick with ICS and not get the constant update notifications.
I'll second those thoughts, although I do wonder about the battery life with JB. On ICS, it's not as good as once was on gingerbread.

rmain20557

Reaction score
When i try to install the blur_Version...zip it says
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system....
then it says assert failed: apply_patch_check{'/system/app/settings.apk' , a bunch of randoms letters and numbers.
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
Can someone please help me!?

GotnFX

Reaction score
When i try to install the blur_Version...zip it says
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system....
then it says assert failed: apply_patch_check{'/system/app/settings.apk' , a bunch of randoms letters and numbers.
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
Can someone please help me!?

What OS version is on your phone now?

rmain20557

Reaction score
What OS version is on your phone now?

I have a droid razr maxx and i was rooted but i downloaded an app and unrooted it. now im tring to get to 211 im on 214 now. I just want to be able to get the new jelly bean update.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I believe the following instructions should still work...

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

There is also ... FoxKat's steps starting at post #48, here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-razr-maxx-ics-discussion/216737-ics-leak-215-a-5.html

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

GotnFX

Reaction score
I believe the following instructions should still work...

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

MisTis u beat me to it. Was just about to respond with exact same thing...lol. I see you moved to the Note2. How's that beast treating you? :)