Clearing your cache...

aarong03

Reaction score
OK so I've noticed in the past month or so my phone gets noticeably progressively slower. I've seen a lot of talk about clearing the cache, but I want to know what will happen. Will I lose passwords, typed documents, permissions on apps? Basically, once the cache wipe is done, what will I need to do? Will everything be just as I left it, only faster?

You will lose nothing. I clear mine at least once a week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

phil1166

Reaction score
Sorry David, i jumped in the middle of the thread before reading the beginning. My sincerest apologies to annoy you with my stupidity. As it appears not everyone is as smart as you!!!

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Sorry David, i jumped in the middle of the thread before reading the beginning. My sincerest apologies to annoy you with my stupidity. As it appears not everyone is as smart as you!!!

Sorry Phil.... I'm usually not that grumpy. LOL... I'm also far from the brightest light on the Christmas tree.

You may also want to look in the Google Play Store for a free app called "appcachecleaner". I use it regularly and it is very easy to use.

David

phil1166

Reaction score
Thanks, it's all good. That's why i come on here, to learn!! Peace!!

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I lost all contacts it took to build it a year. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Way to wake a zombie..... Lol.. How did you lose contacts by clearing your cache? ... You shouldn't have... Did you follow the steps or did you possibly get Confused along the way?

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Followed step by step. Suggestions? You would not LOL if it where you. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where and how did you have your contacts stored? Are they supposed to store to your Gmail, or your Verizon contacts?

And I've lost almost 1000 contacts due to a vzw employee doing a fdr on my phone, when my contacts were all unsaved because I had just gotten a new sim card.. Not fun.. And I had to laugh..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

They may not be lost. I don't remember the exact phone setting or sequence to get there bc I don't have my Razr anymore but go into your phone or contact settings, explore, look for a setting like “contacts to display" or something similar. There will be several different contact accounts associated with emails, phone, gmail, etc. Try the different accounts to see which your contacts were saved under.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ricks

Reaction score
Why would you let a Verizon employee touch your phone in the first place???
Where and how did you have your contacts stored? Are they supposed to store to your Gmail, or your Verizon contacts?

And I've lost almost 1000 contacts due to a vzw employee doing a fdr on my phone, when my contacts were all unsaved because I had just gotten a new sim card.. Not fun.. And I had to laugh..

Extirpate

Reaction score
Don't blame the Verizon rep. Its your own fault you don't take responsibility for your information and make sure its backed up. If you had an iPhone and took it to an Apple store they'd do the same thing. It's your information, therefore responsibility lies solely on you. Sure, (s)he could have told you they're doing a FDR but what if you lost your phone or it was stolen or wont boot? You would have lost the info then too for not using your head. ;)

-Flash now, ask questions later.

ricks

Reaction score
The Verizon rep was the bigger idiot. They never should have wiped the phone without telling the customer first and backed up the phone first. Idiot
Don't blame the Verizon rep. Its your own fault you don't take responsibility for your information and make sure its backed up. If you had an iPhone and took it to an Apple store they'd do the same thing. It's your information, therefore responsibility lies solely on you. Sure, (s)he could have told you they're doing a FDR but what if you lost your phone or it was stolen or wont boot? You would have lost the info then too for not using your head. ;)

-Flash now, ask questions later.