Clearing your cache...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont know . you have to go to amazon on your phone browser and sign up they will email you one. google may not allow it on the market . (pure guess)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
justin82 said:
dont know . you have to go to amazon on your phone browser and sign up they will email you one. google may not allow it on the market . (pure guess)

I have always had to download it from the Amazon site...
Thinking Google loses money when we get apps via Amazon ... so why would they allow competition to be downloaded through them..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

ricks

Reaction score
I use the app, "App Cache Cleaner" by INFOLIFE LLC to clear my cache. I seems to work well on my phone.

cardr

Reaction score
So this isn't just a Cache cleaner, it's like a factory reset? Apps are wiped what else is gone after this reset?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So this isn't just a Cache cleaner, it's like a factory reset? Apps are wiped what else is gone after this reset?

No this clears just your phone cache, no programs, settings, or anything else will be deleted.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
To clarify
Tho OP way of clearing the cache (we'll worry about the data reset later) clears the phone cache.... kinda like emptying the windows temp folder.
The app mentioned later clears out individual applications' cache. Some apps store cache. The droidforums app stores pictures of the avatars to make scrolling smoother. The cache clearing apps take care of this.
So....so far I've mentioned 2 types of cache, the phone's and apps'. The original post shows how to clean the phone's......the cache cleaner app cleans individual apps residue.
The data reset (fdr) mentioned wipes your data. In other words it clears everything you've downloaded to the phone and takes it back to how it looked and acted when you first got it.
Notice I said that it wipes everything on the phone. It should leave the external sd card alone if you don't ask it to wipe that as well.
Sorry for the rant.....seemed clarification was needed.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Soooo.......I got curious after reading another thread on cache clearing. I had 7.7 cache. I did clear cache from recovery. I still had 7.7 after reboot. Used cache cleaner app to clean it.
An analogy was brought up in that other thread. Pretend your room is your phone and your closets are individual apps.
Clearing cache via recovery is like cleaning your room...without cleaning the closets. Clearing cache via a cache cleaning app is like cleaning out the closets...without cleaning the room.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that was my statement.. and I apparently made it backwards :blink: sorry. But that's right, clearing through recovery clears the phones cache, not the apps.

cardr

Reaction score
Excellent Thanks!! I just didn't want to do all the operations you mentioned and then it wipe all my data...... Thanks!

aarong03

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all the comments, got some good insight and info. One more question, do I need to uncheck the box labeled under privacy, Automatic restore prior to doing an FDR?

azle

Reaction score
If I do a FR will it delete the 215 leak I have installed on my SD card? if so will i just have to reload the leak from card? will I lose everything contacts, pics and APPs? I know I have them on my Gmail to re load, just wondering if my phone will be wiped clean? Thank you in advance!

Azle

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I do a FR will it delete the 215 leak I have installed on my SD card? if so will i just have to reload the leak from card? will I lose everything contacts, pics and APPs? I know I have them on my Gmail to re load, just wondering if my phone will be wiped clean? Thank you in advance!

Azle

It will have no effect on your .215, you will still be on .215 after you do a FDR ... you can back up your contacts with Backup Assistant or with Google Backup. You can move pics to your SD Card. As far as apps, it will delete them if you select "Wipe Internal Storage" when you do the FDR. You would have to re-install your apps.

Look on the Play Store before you FDR, and find an app called "App Dragon" ... it will send a list of your apps to your email, so that you can just go down the list when you re-install them. :)