Clearing your cache...

azle

Reaction score
Matty your DaMan, i have all my app on Gmail not a problem there. Not sure how to move my pics and music to SD card? I just did a clear cashe and got the app cashe cleaner and the app said nothing to clear?? is that good, this was directly after i did a system cashe clear.

Thanks again!

Azle

DIGGIN THIS DEVICE!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Matty your DaMan, i have all my app on Gmail not a problem there. Not sure how to move my pics and music to SD card? I just did a clear cashe and got the app cashe cleaner and the app said nothing to clear?? is that good, this was directly after i did a system cashe clear.

Thanks again!

Azle

DIGGIN THIS DEVICE!

You can use the "My Files" app in your app drawer, or you can use the USB cable and back them up to a computer or laptop, by creating a folder on your desktop and then copy and paste the files from the phone to your PC ... that's what I do, because you just never know when a SD Card might decide to suddenly have a problem. :)

showtime2k

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but the instructions for cleaing cache that were originally posted, would this work for a rooted phone? Vrz sent me a razr maxx to replace my Bionic that just wouldn't hold a 4G connection. I FR and rooted it but I find it a bit sluggish. Can I use these steps to wipe the cache since my phone is rooted or is there another method?

wsmitty

Reaction score
contacts after FDR

While everyone is asking questions, I have one of my own. I was working on my contacts for a while. I deleted some duplicates and joined some others (facebook, hotmail, etc.)

I do not want to have to go through this again if I do a FDR. I am using backup assistant +. Is that saving my contacts as they are or just the verizon backup part?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
While everyone is asking questions, I have one of my own. I was working on my contacts for a while. I deleted some duplicates and joined some others (facebook, hotmail, etc.)

I do not want to have to go through this again if I do a FDR. I am using backup assistant +. Is that saving my contacts as they are or just the verizon backup part?

Just the backup.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Probably a stupid question but the instructions for cleaing cache that were originally posted, would this work for a rooted phone? Vrz sent me a razr maxx to replace my Bionic that just wouldn't hold a 4G connection. I FR and rooted it but I find it a bit sluggish. Can I use these steps to wipe the cache since my phone is rooted or is there another method?

Yep, it works for rooted devices too.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Last edited:

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing a cache clean or FDR just to see if if speeds things up on my Maxx which really isn't having any problems at all. However, the thought occurred to me that I ought to do it with a FULL charge.

I've been wondering how many do it with less than a full charge and have subsequent battery problems.... Just a thought.

David

YellowJacket

Reaction score
So I was bored this long weekend and decided that rather than study for my end of rotation exams, I'd redo my phone.

Clearing the cache did seem to speed things up but I wasn't happy with that so I did a full FDR (after fully charging my Maxx) and reinstalled only the apps that I use the most and need. Disabled the bloat and off to the races.

From previous experiences with smartphones - custom ROM flashing on my older WM phones, I learned that the first few days of use after a flash will yield that worst battery life as things "settle in" and the battery meter recalibrates. So I was not surprised that my Maxx battery drained a bit faster yesterday than usual...about twice as fast.

So, I'm going to give it a couple days to settle in and see how things go. Overall though, things DO seem much faster and responsive.

One interesting thing though is I had a custom background prior to doing the FDR and it was there when I rebooted. Also, it remembered all my wifi logon keys. Interesting. I guess thats all stored on the SD card.

David

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks yellowjacket. It would be interesting to know how it does after a few days. Keep us posted. Your previous custom homescreen settings could have been saved and reapplied in your google account rather than your sdcard. It is amazing what gets backed up to google.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jaye712

Reaction score
MattyP said:
It will have no effect on your .215, you will still be on .215 after you do a FDR ... you can back up your contacts with Backup Assistant or with Google Backup. You can move pics to your SD Card. As far as apps, it will delete them if you select "Wipe Internal Storage" when you do the FDR. You would have to re-install your apps.

Look on the Play Store before you FDR, and find an app called "App Dragon" ... it will send a list of your apps to your email, so that you can just go down the list when you re-install them. :)

A lil late but thanks matty for some of this info lol

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Thanks yellowjacket. It would be interesting to know how it does after a few days. Keep us posted. Your previous custom homescreen settings could have been saved and reapplied in your google account rather than your sdcard. It is amazing what gets backed up to google.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sorry it took so long to answer back Tis.

Overall, it seemed to make a big improvement in speed. Rather than let all my default apps install automatically, I decided to do a little housecleaning and pick the ones I really needed. I played around with it a few days and then decided to do the .215 leak which also seems to have improved things a bit.

Thats saying a lot too since I feel like my Maxx was running premium in the first place, the improvements are noticeable.

David

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks, yellowjacket, for the update. It is great to hear that things have improved. I have had no problems with my Maxx before or after ICS but from my history with my og Droid, I got in the habit of doing an FDR for every OS/ROM change... so needless to say, I do one for every update. I have gotten back up to loading my fair share of apps and still runs flawlessly. My phone, out of the blue, restarted the other day for no reason. Freaked me out because I don't remember ever having that happen with my Maxx. But since the random reboot, all is well so I have relaxed, lol!

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

Krenzy

Reaction score
OK so I've noticed in the past month or so my phone gets noticeably progressively slower. I've seen a lot of talk about clearing the cache, but I want to know what will happen. Will I lose passwords, typed documents, permissions on apps? Basically, once the cache wipe is done, what will I need to do? Will everything be just as I left it, only faster?