how to get into safemode.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just posting this for people who need to know how to get into and out of safe mode. I borrowed It from the Moto forum.... I repeat THIS IS NOT OF MY DOING!!! The info is correct, it looked like something we could use so I "borrowed" it. Thank you to whomever it was.

SAFE MODE - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX BY MOTOROLA

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode Disable Safe mode

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off. Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.

2. Power the device on. Press and momentarily hold the Power button. 3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.

4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.

5. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications. 6. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device. 7. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off. Press and hold the Power button then select Power off. 2. Power the device on. Press the Power button.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The one I borrowed... lol. Hows the maxx??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Let's see, it came off charge at about 7:30 pm, and its been on battery a total of 8 hours and 8 minutes. I've downloaded about 200 apps, sync'd with Motocast, Picasa, Box, Dropbox, Backup Assistant, Google, Gmail, downloaded the OTA to .181, had a 27 minute call, and my display has been on for 3 hours cumulative, and I'm showing 60% available. Seems to be doing just fine if you ask me! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
Let's see, it came off charge at about 7:30 pm, and its been on battery a total of 8 hours and 8 minutes. I've downloaded about 200 apps, sync'd with Motocast, Picasa, Box, Dropbox, Backup Assistant, Google, Gmail, downloaded the OTA to .181, had a 27 minute call, and my display has been on for 3 hours cumulative, and I'm showing 60% available. Seems to be doing just fine if you ask me! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Lol. Sounds like it to me too.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

wxman2003

Reaction score
If you want to get into recovery mode, slightly different steps. Can clear out system cache, etc.

Turn phone off.

While off, press and hold both volume keys and power on phone.

Press volume key down to highlight recovery and then press volume key up to boot into recovery. Then you will see android icon with triangle.

Press both volume keys.

Choose clear cache partition using down volume and press power button to clear cache.

Highlight reboot / restart and press power and your phone will reboot.