Soak Test for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is in Tester's Hands; Files Available Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jellybean-android.png

We have exciting news for owners of the Motorola Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR MAXX. The soak test we foretold last week has finally pushed out. Here's a quote from the Motorola email,

Hello,

Thanks for signing up for the Droid RAZR / Droid RAZR Maxx Jellybean software test. The software should already be pushed to your phone, or it’s on its way.

Apologies for sending this out so late — surveymonkey was down for maintenance last night and that was unexpected.

As expected, the number of Motorola Feedback Network volunteers wildly exceeded our soak test capacity. But we don’t want to leave anyone out, so we found a way to include everyone.

You are part of group that is getting the advanced software, and will be asked to fill out the evaluation survey. However, there won’t be a private area for feedback.

Please look for the evaluation survey in email, most likely on Sunday.

If you have any problems upgrading to the Jelly Bean software, please click here for help. [redacted] You can also use this link if you have a problem that makes your phone unusable, and we will do our best to help. This is NOT the link for feedback — again, that will come in a few days.

Here is a link to the release notes. Please read them carefully and note some items removed from Jelly Bean. http://goto.motorola.com/saznf

Thanks so much for your participation! We really appreciate your time and insights.

Matt
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

Here's the file for those who want to try it out: Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip

NOTE! This is the version which is for those who got (or secured) the Christmas Eve Jelly Bean LEAK ONLY!!

To be sure, press the Menu button, then select "System settings", then scroll down and select "About phone". If you "System version" reads "98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US" (without the quotes), then the link above will work for your phone.​

This will NOT work for those who are on the official .211 ICS. It will simply fail upon attempt, so it shouldn't brick if you've tried accidentally.
See the link to the .211 version at the bottom of this post as it was "tipped" to us! :biggrin:

Here's a link to the Moto Release Notes, which will likely come in very handy: Motorola Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX Jelly Bean Update Release Notes

Don't forget that if you flash this, it will possibly take you off the upgrade path and you will lose root. For those undaunted by this... Enjoy!

Thanks to our anonymous tipster!

Update; The following link will take you to the upgrade version specifically for those RAZR owners who are sporting the Ice Cream Sandwich version 6.16.211 on their phones!
If your "System version" reads "6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US" (again, without the quotes), the link below will work.

So now we have both bases covered! > Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip.

Last edited by a moderator:

stemo

Reaction score
It won't be much longer.

I'm already know the Christmas leak so I guess I can be a little more patient for the official release.

SANhacker

Reaction score
So is this file for those who got the Christmas update or those of us who did not?
Thanks.

realged13

Reaction score
Is it saying that anyone on the MFN will get an email or update this coming Sunday to upgrade? I am on the MFN, but have not gotten a survey from them and my profile is completely up to date.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Was just reading this and all of a sudden my phone screen popped on and said I have a software update. Creepy. Downloading now, will keep you updated.

americanz

Reaction score
running now. seems good. sounds like the will close the soak sunday. so release soon after? dancedroid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Was just reading this and all of a sudden my phone screen popped on and said I have a software update. Creepy. Downloading now, will keep you updated.

My download seems to have paused, says it will resume shortly. They must not know about the "no take backs" rule, hope they are not pulling the update.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My download seems to have paused, says it will resume shortly. They must not know about the "no take backs" rule, hope they are not pulling the update.

Update kicked off again, downloaded and installing now.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Someone I know who doesn't want to break the terms of secrecy for the soak did NOT lose root at all. Also am told circles is not included.

spencer98

Reaction score
Update was pushed to me about an hour ago. At first download was slow then progressed to complete in about twenty minutes. In restart mode now which says it takes 15 minutes. By the way, I am not part of any test group with Motorola. Verizon pushed OTA although they have not updated their website to include this update yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Update kicked off again, downloaded and installing now.

Downloaded and installed, lost root, nothing else seems different really. Was using Nova launcher and widget locker, disabled those and went stock for awhile. Not really impressed so went back to using Nova and Widget locker.

Honestly I don't think JB on these phones is anything like JB is on the Nexus 7 or Nexus 4 for sure. Guess this is good enough to hold me off until the Moto X phone or next great Nexus phone.

realged13

Reaction score
Update was pushed to me about an hour ago. At first download was slow then progressed to complete in about twenty minutes. In restart mode now which says it takes 15 minutes. By the way, I am not part of any test group with Motorola. Verizon pushed OTA although they have not updated their website to include this update yet.

Did it give you an alert or did you do the System Updates section?

thc1967

Reaction score
Gads I feel like a noob. Is there a way to install from the ZIP without rooting?

roaddaw9

Reaction score
I am on the Jelly Bean leak and have Safestrip 3.11 installed. Anyone know how to install? I tried to temp unroot with Voodoo and install in SafeStrip. However I got an error and it did not apply. Any thoughts? I am probably just going about this in the wrong order or configuration.