Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I have the leak... but it does have one bug... it forgets that I have associated apps to actions. I'll say "Quickpic" and "Always" when viewing a pic I just took... then a few days later, it asks me again. Hope they fixed that.

Reaction score
According to a tech rep in her systems it shows jelly bean is being pushed out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

welsalex

Reaction score
Word on the street is the soak got cancelled for unknown reasons... Don't hold your breath guys!

viperguy586

Reaction score
interesting

I'm pretty happy with ICS 4.0.4 on my Razr MAXX. I haven't really had any issues and have great battery life. Sad thing is I'm rooted n I hope this ota isn't going to require me to unroot, update and reroot. Other than that it should be interesting to say the least.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with ICS 4.0.4 on my Razr MAXX. I haven't really had any issues and have great battery life. Sad thing is I'm rooted n I hope this ota isn't going to require me to unroot, update and reroot. Other than that it should be interesting to say the least.

Is thus your first phone with root? The reason why I ask is depending what you have done with your phone, the update may fail or cause all kinds of problems during the update if rooted. You could use voodoo ota, temp unroot, update, and reroot. Simple as that. It is a free app in the play store.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I actually have voodoo ota already. Forgot when i followed the root guide it had me install it. :)

Sweet! Then you should be fine protecting root.. but really no guarantee. Also as I stated above, most believe you have to be totally stock in order for the new update to work..If you deleted or froze bloatware, you may have a problem as from my understanding, the update looks for these apps..Just an FYI.

vr5ken

Reaction score
Soak test I am waiting Motorola!

Soak test I am waiting Motorola! I got the text and the email now sent me the download! Thanks!!

Reaction score
Like I said a few days ago it was being pushed out ;).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

chazla86

Reaction score
Started at 7:00 am cst for me im liking it call quality is less than desired, battery life is loads better from ICS

XxdropzxX

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this, ICS on my droid 4 is soo laggy a but I heard by the end of this month JB will be on all razors and maxxs I'd say the droid 4 will get this update next month in April or may

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Should I even bother installing the new ota file since I've been using the Christmas leak with no issues? I'm not sure how much of a benefit in terms of software smoothness with the Christmas leak versus this one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Should I even bother installing the new ota file since I've been using the Christmas leak with no issues? I'm not sure how much of a benefit in terms of software smoothness with the Christmas leak versus this one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

I haven't notice much of a change. But might as well update to the latest so that it keeps your phone on the upgrade path. The file is very small, like 35MB, for the update from the Christmas build to the latest version. I am confident that this is the last update that the Razr will receive but you never know.