Notification font colors

redheadch

Reaction score
Is there anyway to darken the gray background on notifications? Can't hardly read the pink colored font on each notification. Love the idea and getting rid of clock option. Hope this can be fixed!

skourg3

Reaction score
Do you mean the actual entries in the pulldown? I, umm, went about this the kind of bad way, though my options were pretty limited. You can use a hex editor on framework-res.apk xml files to change the text colors. Details are in the pdf found here.

I did it by pulling framework-res.apk, editing the files inside of the archive, and pushing back. You could probably use the xml to txt jar that is linked to in there and do it in human readable format instead of hex, though I don't know if just saving as a .xml and replacing the old one is fine or not. Anyway, after pushing back I couldn't remount ro and sync, so I had to reboot, and when I did that it unsynced my accounts (twitter, facebook, google) including contacts and everything. No big deal, I just had to sign back in, but it was an annoyance. No negative side-effects so far. There may be an easier/better way, but I'm not sure on 2.2. Shrug.

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Refreshing this question. Curious if anyone else has this issue? I can't read anything at all in my notification pulldown because of the light color of the font and the gray highlighted background behind each notification.

Seems like this should be a more common problem for people, unless the other themes do this differently. I'm currently using the green one, haven't tried any of the others. I'm assuming this is from the green clock/text addon to the theme, though. This addon should change the gray highlight to something else that works with the green text.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Running the pink lemonade theme.....having the same issue.

I have just given up on trying to read the notification.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, are you saying it's hard to read the notifications after you changed the color using that update.zip I posted?

Guess I need a way to change everything back to white if users don't like it.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, are you saying it's hard to read the notifications after you changed the color using that update.zip I posted?

I ran the "pink notifications without clock" update through RM. Is there another update.zip I missed? If so, lemme know and I'll try it.

The pink text is just a bit to light against the white/light grey notification bars.

It's no real biggie. Not even close to a deal breaker ;-)

Maybe pink bars with black text? just a thought.

keep up the great work.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Same problem with the blue, notification is too light, but the clock is too dark :-(

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I tried one of these as well (Green) and could not read the text because the background was too light. Darken the background (make it black even?) and the colors will be good.

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Yeah, I used the update.zip from your post.

This is what it looks like: (the gray background is too light to display the green txt, its even worse on the actual device, maybe leave it black like the rest?)

Also, just curious, why is the 3G still blue? Not a big deal, but just something I wonder about instead of being productive at work.

Otherwise LOVE the theme! So glad you at least have green, most ppl don't for their themes :(

Last edited:

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, not on my top priority list but I will try to make it look better by the end of the week.

dr2ww62

Reaction score
ok, not on my top priority list but I will try to make it look better by the end of the week.

Thanks man I appreciate your dedication to perfection. Your rom/themes are a cut above.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Instead of having an actual update for this. Could it be added to the list of option in the Spare Parts App? Like it was in the 2.1 Cyanogen Remix Mod?