Not open for further replies.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm on my parents family share plan and we're 1yr into our 2yr contract. Anyone know if we can get this deal? I'm not sure if it'll save us money, but it doesn't hurt to find out right?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
What's so great about this? I already have free verizon to verizon calling, free nights/weekends, and only spend 30 a month on data and 10 a month on texting...

davidsdroid

Reaction score
This sounds like it's gonna be great for me. 3 OG Droids and 1 X on my plan. I will save a significant amount on my bill. AWESOME!!!!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Verizon mobile to mobile is just in net work right? If so then its kind of misleading in the fact that they state it, because everyone already knows that you have free/unlimited Verizon to Verizon. On sprint however you have unlimited mobile to mobile, it doesn't matter what network the person you're calling is on as long as its a mobile phone and in the USA.

Also the$ 10 a month extra for the 4G phones on sprint isn't really that bad. When 4g gets a larger deployment then you have unlimited 4g as well and its only for $10 more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hate to double post but I can't edit in news threads. Only staff can.
Anyway what happened to the $99/month unlimited everything plan that I heard Verizon was offering out in california? I heard about that about two months ago. That would be an even better deal for most people.

Reaction score
Right now here is what I pay for on my family plan. I have the plan before they switched stuff last year:

$119.99 1400 minutes and unlimited data on primary, non-smartphone and unlimited text for all lines
$20.00 $10 each for two additional lines to share phone and text
$30.00 Unlimited data on Droid X

$169.99 total

New Plan:

$139.99 1400 minutes and unlimited data and text on two phones.
$19.99 Add third line and it gets to share everything

$159.98 total and we all get unlimited data. Hmmmm....time to get the wifey an Android Phone.

hyatari

Reaction score
How does this compete with Sprint. It's only 450 min? That's nothing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So is Sprint's $69.99 plan - however, at least with Sprint, it's unlimited to ANY wireless phone, not just in-network. So with Sprint, there are millions of numbers you can call for free that will cost you airtime on VZW.

I wish Sprint's coverage could compete; because value-wise, they really are better.

So it doesn't compete with sprints. Plan...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Maybe it doesnt exactly. Who cares. It can save quite a few people 20 bucks a month. Just relax.

hyatari

Reaction score
What's so great about this? I already have free verizon to verizon calling, free nights/weekends, and only spend 30 a month on data and 10 a month on texting...

And your bill is how much a month???? The cheapest plan u can get from verizon. For a smatphone (minus an employer discount) is around 90 bucks a month.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This would be a break-even deal for my family. I pay 39.99 for 450 plus $30 for data...Two family members with dumb phones pay 39.99. This plan for 3 lines is actually $160, so it would cost me $10 more. Gain 150 minutes between the 3 of us but then I suppose my family members could get smartphones and we'd all have unlimited data.

Smells like a future bait-and-switch to me. Get more people upgrading to smartphones and data plans and then BAM! tiered pricing with LTE.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And your bill is how much a month???? The cheapest plan u can get from verizon. For a smatphone (minus an employer discount) is around 90 bucks a month.

That's including tax and insurance. Cheapest plan is actually 39.99+29.99 (no text plan) = $70 per month.

seanjohnja91

Reaction score
Could somebody explain / tell me what I would pay on a family plan?? In other words, We have 2 smart phones in this family and 3 dumbphones.. So would that be $200.00 for Everyone to have Data???

Yes that it what it means, you can upgrade the other 3 dumbphones to smartphones and the price would still be $200.00/ month. I thought of it as, you pay an extra $9.99 for an additional line to add to your calling and text. if you are adding an extra line for $19.99 with this plan, i darn well be getting ultd data with that. AND it saves me $30/month. even if i got my sister an Ally i would start saving money in no time lol.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much this would be for 7 people on a family share plan?

The plan we currently have is for 6 DUMBPHONES, and 1 SMARTPHONE.

Also, would I be able to get maybe 2100 minutes instead of the 1400 minutes for this plan?

You can't have 7 people on a family plan, only 5.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much this would be for 7 people on a family share plan?

The plan we currently have is for 6 DUMBPHONES, and 1 SMARTPHONE.

Also, would I be able to get maybe 2100 minutes instead of the 1400 minutes for this plan?

You can't have 7 people on a family plan, only 5.

Should be about $240. Although everyone in your family plan could have smartphones instead of dumbphones for that price.

pikapp610

Reaction score
Not only is Big Red unveiling a handful of cool devices this month, it may be taking the wraps off a new unlimited voice/data/txt plan as well. According to a recent report on BGR, Verizon has a new monthly package to compete head2head with Sprint's $69.99 Everything data plan.

The aforementioned data plan will allot users 450 monthly minutes, unlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited Verizon mobile-to-mobile minutes. A family share plan (for 2 lines) will retail for $139.99 and provide 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited Verizon mobile-to-mobile minutes; additional lines can be added for $19.99. Both plans require a 1-year contract renewal and you can only take advantage of the promotion by calling the number listed in the email.

Interested? visit https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthE for more details.

Source: http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/06/verizon-wireless-testing-sprint-like-70-450-minute-unlimited-plan/

Status
Not open for further replies.