New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimers69

Reaction score
i just called and they have no knowledge of this plan so maybe its not active just yet

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What's so great about this? I already have free verizon to verizon calling, free nights/weekends, and only spend 30 a month on data and 10 a month on texting...
well for one, u wouldnt have to be paying those 10 for limited texting

anuraj1

Reaction score
I signed up for this plan yesterday morning after seeing it on BGR. If you call the number on the flyer, it goes to a specialized call center that knows of this plan. They were happy to help me and switched me over right away. I get to save 20 dollars a month, keep my corporate 20% discount and even though they extended my contract by a year, I get to keep my discounted pricing for a new phone (I am out of contract and was going to get an LTE phone once that deployed.)

Weird thing is that it doesn't show up on myverizon.com (even though the extension of my contract date does).

I hear that this plan is only available to certain parts of the US. I live in Arizona and have a Colorado number.

anuraj1

Reaction score
EDIT: also, they added friends and family to my account for free which allows the 5 free numbers or whatever.

anuraj1

Reaction score
EDIT: also, they added friends and family to my account for free which allows the 5 free numbers or whatever.

Are you on the individual plan?

Yes, on the individual 450 min plan. I guess I can do the free unlimited calls using Google Voice now.

Make sure you call the phone number on the flier in the OP and not directly to VZW with *611 or anything.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just called and they have no knowledge of this plan so maybe its not active just yet
You have to call the number in the O/P - no other Verizon locations or numbers are going to have any knowledge of this promotion

My thoughts are...these guys and gals are going to be busy tomorrow morning

Droidist

Reaction score

Are you on the individual plan?

Yes, on the individual 450 min plan. I guess I can do the free unlimited calls using Google Voice now.

Make sure you call the phone number on the flier in the OP and not directly to VZW with *611 or anything.

I am actually on the individual plan too but, it says the friends and family feature is not eligible with my plan?

R

RETG

Guess this would save me money, but not much.

Current contract:
450 minutes - $39.99
Email/Web - $29.99
500 MSG Allow - $10.00
Total $79.98 Minus discount = $62.38

$69.99 with discount - $54.59
If they have it available when I do the jump from BB to Android in Dec. I'll go for it; as long as I can keep my Federal discount.
For me, it is perfect. All my friends except two have Verizon cell phones; the one oddity has an iPhone and half the time I can't reach him due to his being out of service in SE MI. I have no gone over 450 minutes since Dec. 2008 when I was transferred to the west from MI, and then only by three minutes.
Only one family member, and he has Sprint.

sylv2626

Reaction score
sweet calling them tomo plus ill get my 10% discount on top of this so i will save about 40 bucks with the family share plan

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a money saver for both myself and my wife. I just sent it off to her.

We have separate contracts. I sure wish there was a way to combine our plans and go to the family plan. Minutes offered on the family plan would be great for two of us.

anuraj1

Reaction score
A little update: Since it wasn't showing up on myverizon.com, I got worried and called 611 to confirm the plan update. The VZW rep said the only thing that was changed was that the person added friends and family and extended my contract for a year. The number on the flier reaches the VZW telesales dept and they aren't open right now, so the VZW rep is going to call me back in the morning.

Freezetron

Reaction score
So what if im nearing the end of my two year contract, can I get this with a new contract for a droid phone? Will a store honor this price and service?

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Hopefully we can have people confirm this on Monday! Should save some money!

And to the people talking about VZW should be more like Sprint .. Sprint offers the $69 unlimited plans because they need to. Their coverage is no where near as finished as VZW. They need that plan to pull customers their way. I know for one thing, up here in Mass, Sprint has horrible coverage. If Sprint coverage works in all the places you are great . .

The other thing that Sprint is going to have to make up for is their 4G speeds. Once all carriers are up and running with 4G they will be the slowest. T-mobile just came out with their 4G and they are already faster than Sprint.

I know for me I pay VZW for the reliability not cuz they are the cheapest.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully we can have people confirm this on Monday! Should save some money!

And to the people talking about VZW should be more like Sprint .. Sprint offers the $69 unlimited plans because they need to. Their coverage is no where near as finished as VZW. They need that plan to pull customers their way. I know for one thing, up here in Mass, Sprint has horrible coverage. If Sprint coverage works in all the places you are great . .

The other thing that Sprint is going to have to make up for is their 4G speeds. Once all carriers are up and running with 4G they will be the slowest. T-mobile just came out with their 4G and they are already faster than Sprint.

I know for me I pay VZW for the reliability not cuz they are the cheapest.

+1! Kinda the same reason US Cellular gives users free incoming calls (only about 8 million customers so their mobile to mobile is slim)!

Status
Not open for further replies.