Not open for further replies.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday ....before we posted this :icon_ devil:

Sparkmaster

Reaction score
Could somebody explain / tell me what I would pay on a family plan?? In other words, We have 2 smart phones in this family and 3 dumbphones.. So would that be $200.00 for Everyone to have Data???

BachinPhx

Reaction score
How is 450 minutes a great deal? Please explain this to me please. I am in business and use upwards of 2000 minutes per month. If I am not mistaken, Sprint's plan is unlimited minutes or am I misstating?

I am with VZW because I like their service. Not because they are cost effective because they are not.

Someone please clarify this for me. Thanks.

bd1212

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much this would be for 7 people on a family share plan?

The plan we currently have is for 6 DUMBPHONES, and 1 SMARTPHONE.

Also, would I be able to get maybe 2100 minutes instead of the 1400 minutes for this plan?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I may change to this if I can. Its exactly like my plan right now except I don't get unlimited texts, which isn't a big deal, i don't text much, and I don't get friends and family. That alone would get me to play $5 more a month since my bill now is $65. My entire family is on AT&T.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does this compete with Sprint. It's only 450 min? That's nothing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So is Sprint's $69.99 plan - however, at least with Sprint, it's unlimited to ANY wireless phone, not just in-network. So with Sprint, there are millions of numbers you can call for free that will cost you airtime on VZW.

I wish Sprint's coverage could compete; because value-wise, they really are better.

Reaction score
This becomes cost effective with at least two smartphones on the plan for a 5 line family

Old plan:
110+(9.99*4)+(29.99*2)= 210 (rounded up)

New plan:
120+(19.99*4)=200 (rounded up)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BlueSami

Reaction score

So is Sprint's $69.99 plan - however, at least with Sprint, it's unlimited to ANY wireless phone, not just in-network. So with Sprint, there are millions of numbers you can call for free that will cost you airtime on VZW.

I wish Sprint's coverage could compete; because value-wise, they really are better.

So it doesn't compete with sprints. Plan...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

its only $69.99 if you don't have a EVO. If you do add $10 so now it's $79

nerdkill

Reaction score
it's so frustrating that it's closed, i tried calling 611 with no luck. same issues when i got an early upgrade to my x. this is great for family plans with smart phones. it's always been so frustrating to me that you have to pay full pop for data on each line.

blackdog043

Reaction score
Anyone know if its only the 1400 min plan available for the family plan or is there a cheaper, 700 min plan available as well?

If you click the link in the first post you can see it better, fine print "Promotion excludes Family SharePlan 700"

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
its only $69.99 if you don't have a EVO. If you do add $10 so now it's $79

True, but in order to gain friends & family access on VZW (for those family members/frequent contacts not in network) you need to be on the 900 minute plan; which is also $10 more a month. And even then, you're still stuck with EVDO Rev. A speeds.

I honestly shudder to think how bad the "penalty" for 4G will be once LTE launches on VZW.

In the end, Sprint's deal is still a helluva lot better, even if you do have an EVO.

Reaction score
Anyone know if its only the 1400 min plan available for the family plan or is there a cheaper, 700 min plan available as well?

It's only for the 1400 minute plan. Plus I think it said you can add Friends and Family for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.