New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in law tried a couple of time to get this and they just shut him down every time. I got it on my first call in.

Thanks everyone! I figured the guy was clueless. But my question is that I now have unlimited data...if I switch to this plan can I still have unlimited or do I have to do the $15 for 15gb...(or whatever the deal is?)

I don't want to lose what i have...only pay less...LOL

Unlimited is the only option with the promo. It's the 29.99 unlimited data minus a $20 monthly credit.

I had tried to get this twice a few weeks back but was shot down. Tried again over the weekend and was successful. Called the main verizon wireless number. It took the rep a few minutes to find the promo I was talking about but it was worth it. Went from 700 to 1400 minutes and saved $30 before my corporate discount kicks in...after the discount I will be saving $58 a month!! :) I am a happy camper!

Fifth time, still no luck. Each and every time they said they had to look up my account info and that this was only for a limited number of people, and every time they say I am not eligible. They even said they saw that I called in on the 9th, 10th and 11th about this.

I'm guessing the people who called and got it the first time are people who actually were eligible for it and just didn't know it, because they don't seem to be budging at all.

I just got my wife the droid 2 pro to replace her env2 on Dec. 11th, just checked my account online to see what my plan was to see how much i would save and under her number it says "Promotion details SMARTPHONE SECONDARY CREDIT". I wonder if that means i got the discount. Under my number is shows my corporate discount and a 20% feature discount.

I just got my wife the droid 2 pro to replace her env2 on Dec. 11th, just checked my account online to see what my plan was to see how much i would save and under her number it says "Promotion details SMARTPHONE SECONDARY CREDIT". I wonder if that means i got the discount. Under my number is shows my corporate discount and a 20% feature discount.

Just called that number to make sure, they said no that was the $9.99 off promo for adding another smartphone. She said let me check to see if you qualify for this promo. She came back and said that i do cause of my area. I guess it is for certain areas now.

Just spent 30 minutes with a billing rep on the phone to straighten out my mess of a bill. Turns out the woman that signed me up for the promotion didn't exactly know what she was doing, and in turn ending up charging me $32.51 extra because she didn't backdate properly. Found out from this billing rep that they can't backdate data plans (??) but since I wasn't told that initially she'd go ahead and give me a credit for the overages. Hopefully it's all taken care of from here on out...Good luck to the rest of you who are still trying. :)

Verizon Promotion to save money

Verizon has an unpublicized promotion right now that believe it or not will save you a lot. the primary has to call them. ask about the promotion for a $20/mo per line discount. its the unlimited text and data plan. which i'm sure most of you have. so call *611 and check it out. he told me to tell people cuz its unpublicized and might only last a week. chime in and let everyone know how you made out.
i'm saving $80/mo now forever unless i change plans

Verizon has an unpublicized promotion right now that believe it or not will save you a lot. the primary has to call them. ask about the promotion for a $20/mo per line discount. its the unlimited text and data plan. which i'm sure most of you have. so call *611 and check it out. he told me to tell people cuz its unpublicized and might only last a week. chime in and let everyone know how you made out.

I hope this isn't some BS.

EDIT: Called and this is NO BS, you want the logistics department though. I can't believe Verizon is doing this lol. Doesn't go away if you switch phones either!

Last edited:

I hope this isn't some BS.

he did it for me last night after i switched my daughters phone to another one. then i confirmed it with another rep this am that its in place starting with my january bill

i currently pay $5 for 250 texts... so I guess my data/text cost is $35 - what's the cost of unlimited data/text?

any other confirmations on this? unfortunately I'm not the primary line....

i currently pay $5 for 250 texts... so I guess my data/text cost is $35 - what's the cost of unlimited data/text?

then i guess it would cost you $10/mo for unlimited data and text. but the primary should call and check it out. i have 4 lines. all with unlimited data and text. my bill will go from $220 to $140 and i will be grandfathered in when they change their data. only catch is that i cant change plans. but why would i?

any other confirmations on this? unfortunately I'm not the primary line....

i had a hard time believing it too. i joked with him about my bill always goes up. so i confirmed it this am with another rep. it starts on your next bill. i'm throwing it out there as its worth a phone call to see if you can get it. i cant remember the name of the plan. at the time(last summer) it was the only(and cheapest for me and my kids) plan that i could get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back