New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I stopped in the Verizon Kiosk at the Mall yesterday and asked the guy there if I was eligible. He said because I have a smartphone and require unlimited data that I have to purchase the $30 data plan so I am NOT able to switch? Now I thought this was a crock based on what I have read in this thread. I haven't had a chance to call Verizon 800 number to see what they said. Anyone else have the same issue I had?

Yeah the verizon kiosk will not have a clue as to what promotion you are talking about. The corporate Verizon stores and the 611 people don't even know it exsists. You must call the 877-873-3278 number on the OP. It is the only way to make it happen.

*Note - Smartphones do not require the unlimited plan anymore, they now offer the $15/150Mb plan for smartphones. The Verizon kiosk is the last place I would go for correct information.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain that the regular CSR's aren't somewhat aware of the program. When I spotted the 20.00 error on my bill that was refunded by a regular CSR.

And maybe it's a good time to bring this up again, when you do get your bill with the new rate pat attention to it. You may be getting overcharged.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain that the regular CSR's aren't somewhat aware of the program. When I spotted the 20.00 error on my bill that was refunded by a regular CSR.

And maybe it's a good time to bring this up again, when you do get your bill with the new rate pat attention to it. You may be getting overcharged.
Agreed with everything. My first bill after they switched me was completely jacked up. They ended up crediting $100 in charges that were wrong and my new bill just became available this morning. There's more credits being applied and now they have it right finally.

This will be a sweet plan since there's 5 phones, 3 of them smartphones, and now if my wife or son upgrade to data plans there will be no additional increase. dancedroid

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I have this EXACT same plan but pay 90 a month for it. So I called. They told me this is a test promo offer only available in certain areas and that my area isn't eligible. Was pretty disappointed/mad but the rep didn't even hesitate to offer me free Friends and Family and a month free data ($29.99 account credit)

This is more than I had before so I cant really complain. This is the first time having to talk with a VZW rep about my services and was VERY pleased!

Cdjones187

Reaction score
On a side note, anyone think I could still possibly get this promo deal price if I called back?

b_salgado

Reaction score
I got it yesterday! I got 200 more minutes and saving $40/month! :icon_ banana:

DroidX316

Reaction score
Ya my bill got jacked up so i called and said that the first rep i spoke to would credit the half month bill but i looked at my bill and he didnt so i called back in spoke to a different rep she said nope we cant credit you anything so i was like w/e.Then i looked at my bill online this weekend and it has a $40 credit to it :).

the3dolla

Reaction score
Ya my bill got jacked up so i called and said that the first rep i spoke to would credit the half month bill but i looked at my bill and he didnt so i called back in spoke to a different rep she said nope we cant credit you anything so i was like w/e.Then i looked at my bill online this weekend and it has a $40 credit to it :).

Me 2, I called because even though the non smart phone plans were prorated, I got no discount on the proration. They said, "tough". My bill was $50 more than was just charged to my CC for the bill pay date; so somehow I got like a $50 credit.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just called and they gave it to me with no problems! dancedroid

Big Fate

Reaction score
Man you guys must use your phone just to Text...bcuz theres no way in hell I could only use 450 mins or else I would...

mikespe

Reaction score
I stopped in the Verizon Kiosk at the Mall yesterday and asked the guy there if I was eligible. He said because I have a smartphone and require unlimited data that I have to purchase the $30 data plan so I am NOT able to switch? Now I thought this was a crock based on what I have read in this thread. I haven't had a chance to call Verizon 800 number to see what they said. Anyone else have the same issue I had?

Yeah the verizon kiosk will not have a clue as to what promotion you are talking about. The corporate Verizon stores and the 611 people don't even know it exsists. You must call the 877-873-3278 number on the OP. It is the only way to make it happen.

*Note - Smartphones do not require the unlimited plan anymore, they now offer the $15/150Mb plan for smartphones. The Verizon kiosk is the last place I would go for correct information.

Thanks everyone! I figured the guy was clueless. But my question is that I now have unlimited data...if I switch to this plan can I still have unlimited or do I have to do the $15 for 15gb...(or whatever the deal is?)

I don't want to lose what i have...only pay less...LOL

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I called today and between my wife and I, we're now saving 30 dollars a month! The rep did tell me that not every rep would give it to you unless you got the email. I would guess that if you tried calling back and pressed the issue, they'd do it for you...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.