My Otterbox Defender review

TheJester34

Reaction score
Just got my Defender in the mail today. It's a very sturdy case so far. The installation was a breeze (I used a cleaning cloth for glasses to clean my screen before putting it on). No weird smudges or anything under the screen protector. Everything fits really snug and there's no wiggle. I'm carrying it in the belt holster, and the holster holds it tight. It doesn't feel like it's gonna fall out at all.

The flaps cover all the ports very nicely. Headphone cover is difficult to get out, but I'm a habitual nailbiter, so if you have fingernails it won't be a problem. The volume and power button covers are placed perfectly and all buttons function as they should. My only gripe is that the the covers over the bottom row of buttons doesn't sit flush. There's a bit of a gap over the buttons because it seems there's not a spot to hook the silicon case to.

Overall I give this case a 9/10. Solid construction, great feel, and all the buttons work fine. I recommend this case.

mopar

Reaction score
It adds some bulk but it's worth every penny. I like mine so far.

DxExs

Reaction score
Would be interested in pics of defender if somene post em.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

HWDX

Reaction score
I would also like to see some pics when you get a chance. I have been going back and forth between the Otterbox Defender and the Seidio Rugged. How bad is the gap on the lower buttons on the defender? I know that would have the potential to aggravate me as well.

I have heard the Seidio really limits the use of the screen (dragging the top bar down). I think I am leaning more toward the Otterbox Defender at this point.....

Thanks for the review!

jt02gt

Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and got home to nice surprise of my defender case on my patio. Ordered Monday and received sometime between Friday. Case is VERY sturdy and I don't think that I would ever be afraid if I were to accidentally drop it. The holder with the belt clip is nice as you can lock it open to use as a stand as well. Buttons seem very responsive as well as touch screen. I have fairly large hands and I haven't had any issues touching the outer edges as of yet. If you want to see pictures check out my album in my profile as I took a few quick pics and uploaded them this A.M.

HWDX

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics jt! I am pretty sure that I will get the Otterbox. I had one on my BB Tour and loved it.

jt02gt

Reaction score
Btw thought I should also add the pics I have in my album are with the extended battery and extended battery cover

HWDX

Reaction score
Thats awesome jt! I went ahead and ordered the otterbox defender. But, that is good to know that it is working with the extended battery. I wanted to get one, but talked myself out of it. Is that the BH6X extended battery??

Barski--I checked out your review as well. Thanks for that! Good pics as well!

I broke down and ordered my otterbox defender last night. I am hoping it will get here this week........

b0n3s

Reaction score
Does anyone elses defender creak or kind of squeeze together around the corners? The phone feels solid in the case but the case almost feels loose if that makes sense.

jt02gt

Reaction score
Thats awesome jt! I went ahead and ordered the otterbox defender. But, that is good to know that it is working with the extended battery. I wanted to get one, but talked myself out of it. Is that the BH6X extended battery??

Barski--I checked out your review as well. Thanks for that! Good pics as well!

I broke down and ordered my otterbox defender last night. I am hoping it will get here this week........

Yes it is the Bh6x battery I am not a big fan of aftermarket items for electronic devices unless can exceed specs and quality is top notch.

Last edited: