Issue with Otterbox Defender case

turbinator1990

Reaction score
Sup guys I received my Otterbox defender 2 weeks ago and I seem to have a problem. I wanted to ask if someone else had the same problem as me. The part of the case that covers the 4 buttons does not sit properly on the phone. The rubber part comes outward a bit and causes annoying button pressing experience. I have tried to install the case over again but the same issue remains. The other issue is that I noticed it came with no cloth to clean the screen as well...
Thanks and I hope to send the case back to Amazon to get another one....

Reaction score
Email Otterbox directly, they will send you a new case........I'm on my 3rd one, and now they sent me a Commuter to try.

The rubber cover does seem to be loose around the 4 buttons, just how it is.

Steve

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Same issue, and in addition, the hard inner shell is loose at the bottom so when I press a button the shell moves...

Never buying an Otterbox again... Well at least any time soon.

chadwick108

Reaction score
known issue per otterbox rep

I am on my 7th commuter case for my motorola droid. I have another on the way. The rep that I talked to today informed me that there was an issue with the cases for motorola droid and droid 2. She stated for these cases some of them did not fit properly and therefore sometimes had hairline cracks in them which could result of breaking of the cases. This is the first time that someone has told me... just wondering if anyone else is having issues. If they are having so much trouble with the commuter cases for the droid why don't they just make a defender case for the droid/2. You would think that a major company like otterbox would have some way of resolving this issue instead of having to go through the hassle of replacing all the cases?

Reaction score
The Defenders have an issue for the X. The inner case doesn't snap tight and stay tight. The corners squeek slightly because they are loose. I'm on my 3rd one, and will probably be going for my 4th soon.

Other then that, they are a great case with a great holster.

Steve

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I swear by Otterbox. I work in a body shop so my phone sees some abuse. My defender protects it perfectly. Don't give up on em yet. Lol. Their customer service is excellent.
I've also had a defender on iPhone 3g, 3gs, and 4. They're great cases.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I am a big Otterbox fan, but the Defender for Droid X isn't working for us either. We called and they are exchanging it for another Commuter - those work great, provided you don't need a belt clip.

gr8chef

Reaction score
Don't buy the holster from the Trident website. I did and it's junk. Very cheaply made. Sent them an email about it and got no response.

Reaction score
I picked up the Rocketfish case, did some mods to it, and it works great. A little big, but good for work where protection is key.

Trident told me they are working on a new holster, should be out on a few weeks.

Steve

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums