Got My Otterbox Defender Today

mikepd

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get a better case than the cheap rubber case that I purchased when I first bought my CPO Droid X. After looking over a few of the posts and seeing what other people have as well as considering my needs, I decided on the Otterbox Defender that Verizon sells via their online store.

Otterbox was out of stock when I looked and VZW has free overnight shipping if you order before 4:30pm so I placed an order for the case and a Plantronics Bluetooth headset at the same time since my current headset is over 8 years old, non-Bluetooth and I felt it was time for an upgrade.

Very impressed with the quality of the case shell, it certainly will do the job of protecting the phone in case of any falls. I had to remove my Bestskinsever screen protector as it was conflicting with the case protector. Not a big deal as I paid less than $10 for the entire kit and the back, top, and bottom of the phone is still covered.

I'm not sure if the case sold by Verizon differs from the one sold by Otterbox other than the packaging but I think I read somewhere that just like some other products that Verizon sells with brand names, they are custom-made according to Verizon specifications.

In any event, I am very pleased with the case and getting the belt-clip at no extra cost is a plus.

Aerogriff

Reaction score
Agreed. I've had my otterbox for a couple months now and have dropped it at least a dozen times from waist height without any damage to the phone. I've had the defender cases on past iPhones and the one for the X is just as protective as any of those.

This is the best case I've tried and I'd recomend it to anyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk