Just ordered X2, Is otterbox defender best choice?

jacobbones

Reaction score
Ordered an droid x2 little while ago and was looking around for at cases/screen protectors etc..

Seems that the otterbox defender gets really good reviews and even includes a screen shield.

What do you guys think? Otterbox or is another better?
Not really worried about having the super slim phone. Rather not have a $500 paper weight if I get clumsy.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
nice dude. I hope it gets rooted quick style. You will have to let us know what you think. I will be interested as I have upgrade available.

OP
J

jacobbones

Reaction score
After some searching Iam leaning towards the kraken trident.
Since it seemed to let less dust/dirt in. Not worried about a holster.

Can anyone tell me if they both offer same protection from drops/hits.
Read alot about the abuse the otterbox will absorb. Is kraken just as tough?

bond32

Reaction score
I had the kracken case for my fascinate. I use the otterbox case now for my droid x (traded the fascinate for the X) and I think I like the otterbox better. The otterbox case doesn't have the oil slick anymore under the screen like they used to have - they solved it somehow. However the Kracken case does - it appears oily under the screen protector and can be annoying. Also the defender case just seems to provide more protection and seems more well made (given it is slightly larger).

bfboy

Reaction score
I just received my Otterbox Defender for my X, today. I attached it to my x, and, so far, I like it a whole lot. It does make the phone a bit bigger, but not bad. I like the holster that came with it, too. The, slightly rubbery, feel of the case is a bit annoying, but it should stay put where I put it. It came from Amazon at a very good price and with free shipping.

Shad0www

Reaction score
I had the defender for my x but it let in to much dust under to screen protector so I got the commuter and I'm loving it. Of course it not a rugged but it is sexier.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

jacobbones

Reaction score
Ended up getting a otterbox.
After some research it just seems that even though dust gets in, I wont have to worry as much about destroying my phone