DX- Otterbox and Extended battery

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the extended battery (BH6X) will work for the Droid X and the OtterBox Defender case? I have seen all of the reports about the extended battery being barely larger than stck (and even working with stock battery cover) and that the battery seems to work with several other hard cases, but nothing specifically about the OtterBox.

I went to the local VZW store to test it, but they were out of stock at the time, so if anyone has tried using the mentioned combo please let me know and I will order the battery online. Thanks

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the extended battery (BH6X) will work for the Droid X and the OtterBox Defender case? I have seen all of the reports about the extended battery being barely larger than stck (and even working with stock battery cover) and that the battery seems to work with several other hard cases, but nothing specifically about the OtterBox.

I went to the local VZW store to test it, but they were out of stock at the time, so if anyone has tried using the mentioned combo please let me know and I will order the battery online. Thanks

I purchased the extended battery BH6X and it works fine. If u purchase from Verizon u get a nice battery door with it. I love it and it doesn't make the X look too bulky. It works well too. At the end of the day I still have 60-70 % battery left.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

snhay3

Reaction score
I have the B6HX battery bought on ebay for around $20 and the standard door. Works just fine. Also have otterbox defender on with absolutely no issues. Of course all bought anywhere other than Verizon as I can't stand the retail reaming I feel when I leave the store
BH6X..sorry

OP
J

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be picking up the battery soon since it will work with my case (didn't want to waste a $40 case)

_banana

Reaction score
I use the Otterbox just fine with my extended battery, you can tell it doesn't quite fit perfectly because of how the door sticks out only on the upper portion of the backside but it's not a big deal at all. If you want to go all out, take a look at Seidio's extended battery. It has quite a bit more capacity but the B6HX battery life is pretty damn good.

OP
J

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I just picked up the extended battery today... VZW rep told me it wouldn't work but I got it anyways. The extended battery and Otterbox work just great with each other.

dAi

Reaction score
Commuter case is an awesome case and fits fine with extended battery

abe7333

Reaction score
I have it. It's atleast 39% better than the original battery. At the end of the day, I still have 50% of the battery left.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

jonathon1289

Reaction score
So far the extended battery isn't doing any better for me, but I am going to try and calibrate it again and see what happens.

TheJester34

Reaction score
So far the extended battery isn't doing any better for me, but I am going to try and calibrate it again and see what happens.

It should take a few full cycles to get the most out of the battery. That's what I gather anyway

OP
J

jonathon1289

Reaction score

It should take a few full cycles to get the most out of the battery. That's what I gather anyway

Yeah, sorry I meant to update this sooner....I just hit 48 hours unplugged before the phone died. Screen on time of almost 6 hours (texting and playing games). It is lasting much better after I let it fully cycle a couple of times