Motorola to release 2Ghz phone by end of year

carbonnoid

Reaction score
I think they just released the info to openly instigate Apple to step up its game. I can only assume fair competition, however you go about it, must exist, otherwise you create a monopoly. Expect Apple to come out with something on par with this device around the same time.

No..... by the end of the year.... and usually apple launches something in June. So we probly will have our hands on one in October, and June will be when a new Iphone comes out.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Holy crap, I just wet myself.

Pretty smart to leak this info just as Apple officially unveils its iPhone 4G. This might make some people who were thinking of getting the new iPhone pause and wait to see what Moto releases.

I just hope this new Moto phone is coming to Verizon (and that Verizon offers an early upgrade promotion for it). Otherwise, it will be seven months to a year old by the time I'm ready to upgrade (maybe the 4Ghz model will be available at that time:)).

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I think they just released the info to openly instigate Apple to step up its game. I can only assume fair competition, however you go about it, must exist, otherwise you create a monopoly. Expect Apple to come out with something on par with this device around the same time.

No..... by the end of the year.... and usually apple launches something in June. So we probly will have our hands on one in October, and June will be when a new Iphone comes out.

Somehow I doubt Apple would leave its fanbase with a device whose hardware has been significantly surpassed for over half a year but it's possible I suppose. More than likely if the iPhone 4G gets released any time soon they'll follow that up with the iPhone 4GS, then to be followed shortly thereafter by the turbo or supercharged models 4GT and 4GTX. ;)

CITYFO

Reaction score
name for 2Ghz MOTO

Droid. Droid INCREDIBLE!!!! Droid 2!!? Droid XTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rawr!!!

Now they have to make it more dramatic sounding than XTREEEEEME!!!!!!!!!!! when someone answers a question about what phone you have.

It's the "MOTO DROID DOUBLE EXTREME EDGE II GRIZZLY BEAR DUO FTW" At least, that's the code name I've heard being tossed around.... the acronym is crap, but I'm sure we could think of something shorter.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes this the Moto Droid Pro running the Tegra.

I'm pretty much sold on this one. I will lay my cards on the table and say this device will have a front facing camera.

I wont be wrong about this one : )

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score
Is this the droid with the shrunken lip, improved keyboard, front-facing camera, and the subject of our recent pictures?

bizzshow

Reaction score
No this is the Motorola phone that make the droid2 and extreme look like toys. Look up the Droid pro

Kineo

Reaction score
Yes this the Moto Droid Pro running the Tegra.

I'm pretty much sold on this one. I will lay my cards on the table and say this device will have a front facing camera.

I wont be wrong about this one : )

Sent from my Droid

Co what do you know about the DROIDPro that you are keeping from us?
I'm sure this is the DROIDPro I just want to know more must have more! Mwhahahahahaha!

Kineo

Reaction score
Ck can you put the op from the DROIDPro thread on this thread so other people other then us few people who know about that thread know the Pro's specs and stop asking what it is.

bizzshow

Reaction score
Looking at the next generation tegra it looks nice but don't see 2ghz listed. But 1080p is enough to make the switch

bamfsig45

Reaction score
End of the year is my time frame for and early upgrade, sounds good to me. This Droid will definitely get me through a whole year. I've usually gotten bored with a phone after having it this long, but not the Droid. So much fun !

Anomander

Reaction score
damn, my new every two is still a year away. I guess on the flip side if the 2Ghz phone is out this year, maybe they'll have dual 2Ghz phone by then. :D

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Dang a 2GHz phone will be fast! How many people will be able to hold off for the Pro and not get the X though?