Motorola Confirms a September Droid Bionic ICS update!!!

rebelssof

Reaction score
Are they really rolling out an update or are the just teasing us, It's Monday already and no sign of the update yet.:blink:

josh1980

Reaction score
You should read the current threads instead of pulling out a thread that is 45 days old. You'll learn a lot more about what the status of ICS is.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Rebel, being a old-timer on the forum, can't say I blame you for tossing it out there. Seems like every thread regarding ICS evolves into, why don't you install the leak and how do I un-screw what I've managed to screw up!
Just say'n.

Sent from my tired, vendor neglected DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

jayrod

Reaction score

Don't listen to him...there's this guy named iTz_I3urn aka Developer ( he spelled it right this time) who is presently working on an AWESOME ROM that will by pass ICS and take you straight to JB with his cross melding of Samsung and Moto ROMS

Sent from my . 246 House of BIONIC Edition Bionic
Awaiting further update from Skynet

pistacio

Reaction score
ITz_I3urn new username is "Developer"...

He's at it again:

That's What Happened to me. The Update failed for me several times, so I FXZ a .905 Stock File and then got Matt (My buddy from Motorola) to resend to me then it downloaded perfectly. Maybe your software is bugged or something.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how does one get the ICS update?

Three ways...

1) The OTA method: Go to Settings>About Phone>Check for Updates. If it is time for you to receive it, then you'll get a notice that one is available and do you want to download it. There may also be a message saying that it has downloaded the update and do you want to install it. That may happen if you leave your phone on at night and bring it up from sleep.

2) Install the update file: Quick instructions (once you get the zip file) is to put in in the root of your SD-EXT and boot into recovery. If you decide to do that I can give you more complete instuctions.

3) House of Bionic (HoB) method: Go to SamuriHL's House Of Bionic - DroidRzr.com it will have everything you'll need, but be sure to read everything.

In all cases, be sure that your phone is charged and you have removed your music files temporally. The update can take hours if you don't.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Forget the HoB for this. Use the 246 FXZ that has been released.

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I just got ICS on my Bionic tonight :) I got a notification about an update and hit OK. It took about 10 minutes, its been doing a bunch of updates for the last hour. Just in time for my new Razor Maxx HD :)

MightyT01

Reaction score
Forget the HoB for this. Use the 246 FXZ that has been released.

I'll second this. Finally got 246 installed this way using RSD Lite 5.7. Took a while and had to be patient but ICS is finally rockin on my bionic.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2.

msuduo

Reaction score
What are the benefits of upgrading?

And can someone point me towards some info on rooting and three benefits of that?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
So how does one get the ICS update?

Assuming you are stock (otherwise, check out recommendations from those that have done similar mods...). Also, back-up your stuff. Ditto on comment below, make sure your phone is charged, I'd leave it plugged in.

Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. If the ota is there it will prompt you to upgrade.

The whole process took me about 40 minutes. Once the phone reboots, I would leave it alone for about 15 minutes while the updated radios find their way. Good luck!

Last edited: