New link for Bionic being delayed !!!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
So what I am understanding from you is that hardware and stats mean nothing to you and you just care about the name tag?

If Moto had dropped the name "bionic" with the enta and called the targa "Thundercougarfalconbird", then everything would be fine and on course at this point? What's significance do those letters really carry?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Hey, don't blame me for Motorola choosing to keep the name Bionic. In fact, maybe the "name tag" carries more importance than you think? Why didn't Motorola just come out and call it something else if it was something else?

You're just painting yourself into a corner.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
while i tend to agree with Trusstopher, the debate is pretty much meaningless - the phone is coming in Sept. delayed or not, that's when it will be here.

The fact it has been delayed so long affects my decision to spring for it or wait a few more months for something even more killer than the Bionic.

As nice as the Bionic will be, it will be almost obsolete as soon as it hits the floor.

I am sure you've heard of the phone lineup scheduled for release around the holidays, ya?

If you are going to wait for the holiday line, why not just wait for CES 2012? In that case, why not wait for any summer releases? There is ALWAYS going to be something a couple months out.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
If you are going to wait for the holiday line, why not just wait for CES 2012? In that case, why not wait for any summer releases? There is ALWAYS going to be something a couple months out.

I don't understand your question...

If I so choose to do so, I can hold out as long as I want for the latest and greatest hardware available at the time I am ready to make a purchase.

I am not one of those that needs to have every new phone that hits the market. If 3 more months is what I'm willing to wait, why should that bother you or mean that YOU'RE making a mistake in buying the Bionic?

I've admit I've lost my hype for the Bionic, and am willing to wait and see what's available around the holidays. It's my choice.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know the guy who thought up "The End of Waiting" so got fired after all of this heh. I did like it at the time though, went well with the 4G LTE.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
August 4th was never a release date... only speculation from sources that very possibly could have been made up for page hits or trolling.... only dates I've heard were 3rd quarter and summer...both of which would be satisfied with a September launch before the 23rd... so no delay, just a link for the bionics schedule release confirmation :-D

Aug 4th wasn't a release date, but it was supposed to be released just after CES.

Delayed. Still.

WTF are you talking about?? Yes, we have known for 4 months the Bionic is delayed, but there has only been one delay. What is the point of your rambling?? IT'S STILL THE SAME DELAY!!!!!! All the other release dates were speculation and rumor, nothing from VZW or Motorola. The announcement of Sept by Moto is the first official word we've heard since the delay. If you got all bent out of shape because it wasn't released on unofficial rumored dates, then that's your problem.

Edit: P.S. - The Bionic is the Bionic, whether it was code named the etna or Targa. The innards are supposed to be the same except for the processor. If changing the look of the phone makes it a completely different phone for you then so be it, but keep your complaining to yourself.

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
WTF are you talking about?? Yes, we have known for 4 months the Bionic is delayed, but there has only been one delay. What is the point of your rambling?? IT'S STILL THE SAME DELAY!!!!!! All the other release dates were speculation and rumor, nothing from VZW or Motorola. The announcement of Sept by Moto is the first official word we've heard since the delay. If you got all bent out of shape because it wasn't released on unofficial rumored dates, then that's your problem.

Haha! What makes you think I'm bent out of shape? All I am saying is that those of you who claim the Bionic isn't delayed, are... wrong.

I hope you're not one of those because you even just admitted what I said... that "IT'S STILL THE SAME DELAY!!!!!!".

If you can't find the point in there, then I really can't help you.

P.S. Apologies if you were agreeing with me... until I read your P.S., I thought you were directing at me.. :)

Last edited:

Renae

Reaction score
I started emailing [email protected] daily, and finally got a response. It said september too.

Renae,
Thanks so much for your interest in DROID BIONIC by Motorola. We are expecting to launch this device in September, and are very excited about being able to share more details about its enhancements and features as we get closer to launch.

Regards,
Motorola Mobility

My email to them wasn't that peppy though....I wasn't rude, but I did tell them they need to give us information or lose customers.

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
^Let me ask you this...how do you feel about the GS2 delay?

I don't know what you're searching for with my reply... unless you haven't read my earlier reply of how I will buy the best phone available (IMO) at the time I am ready to make a purchase...

So, with that in mind, I think it sucks that Samsung has released a kick-ass phone (compared to other non-LTE phones) to the rest of the world but not the USA. It could be they want to put 4G LTE into it before releasing it to the US, thus making it more badass than what the rest of the world has... I dunno...
Now, I may have missed Samsung's announced release date of the SG2 followed by their announcement of it's delay, or maybe Samsung just didn't garner the amount of media coverage Motorola got for doing exactly that... but I'm having to ask why you're calling the lack of the SG2 in the US a "delay" in the same vein as the Bionic's delay?

But, to answer your question,... if the SG2 doesn't have LTE, it's a don't care. Right now, nobody knows, so its on the back burner of my mind but I'm not sweating it because it might not even be a contender for my attention. Do you know if the SG2 will have LTE?

Still my position hasn't changed... if by the holidays, when I'm ready to buy a phone, if the Bionic is still the best phone around, I'll buy it. If it's something else, I'll buy it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only cuz its been out overseas for a few months and hasnt reached the US yet. I dont think there was any official release time frame from Samsung....but its still a delay. Unless you live overseas then its a moot point.

The GS1 came out overseas in June and here in July...

Whether there was an official time frame or not, its still a delay. One could ask whats taking Samsung so long for the GS2 to reach the US. Models are just now showing up in FCC documents for releases soon.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Only cuz its been out overseas for a few months and hasnt reached the US yet. I dont think there was any official release time frame from Samsung....but its still a delay. Unless you live overseas then its a moot point.

The GS1 came out overseas in June and here in July...

Whether there was an official time frame or not, its still a delay. One could ask whats taking Samsung so long for the GS2 to reach the US. Models are just now showing up in FCC documents for releases soon.

Well, it's really not the same thing... to suggest so is a reach.

But, why are you even worrying about a phone you don't even know will be LTE? What's the point in that? It's equivalent to being upset that... Blackberry (RIM) hasn't come out with a Bionic-esque phone yet. :)

But for a company to say "look what we got!"... only to follow it up shortly with "oh wait... not yet... it's not what we meant to show you"... for everyone waiting for the Bionic, you've been played... like a cheap fiddle. Motorola got you to hang onto your $$ for the past 4 months instead of telling you way back in April, it's not going to be out until September.

That's sneaky. I don't appreciate sneaky.

You might be different, but a LOT of folks would have gone ahead and bought the best phone available right then if they knew they had to wait until September for the Bionic.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it a reach? Because it wasnt officially announced? A delay is a delay...

Does this count as an official delay?

Update: Galaxy S II smartphone coming to major U.S. carriers in July, reports say - Computerworld

And talking about sneaky...how come Verizon keeps making the same mistake?:

Verizon Support Claims That Their Samsung Galaxy S II Will Indeed Have 4G LTE (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

About being played like a cheap fiddle....no ones holding a gun to anyones head making them get the phone or wait for the phone...no one held a gun to their heads making them pass up other phones...

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Why is it a reach? Because it wasnt officially announced? A delay is a delay...

Does this count as an official delay?

Update: Galaxy S II smartphone coming to major U.S. carriers in July, reports say - Computerworld

And talking about sneaky...how come Verizon keeps making the same mistake?:

Verizon Support Claims That Their Samsung Galaxy S II Will Indeed Have 4G LTE (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

About being played like a cheap fiddle....no ones holding a gun to anyones head making them get the phone or wait for the phone...no one held a gun to their heads making them pass up other phones...

Really? You're equating twitter posts to Motorola bringing a finished product to CES only to later recall it?????

Really??

Wow! Twitter?? Really???

Haha! That's the best thing I've read all week! Thanks for making my weekend!

But hey, if you can't admit you've been played, don't worry, in another month you'll be able to forget all about it, you'll have your Bionic.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didnt know products announced at CES were considered finished....I know of products announced at CES that have never seen the light of day...yet. From years ago...

But hey, if you think it being announced at CES makes it a finished product, more power to you.

Even when the GS2 was announced it wasnt finished. The firmware, drivers hadnt been finalized. Look at benchmarks before and after it was officially released. That reminds me...didnt Samsung delay it to up the cpu to 1.2Ghz?

Or was that a Twitter thing too?

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I didnt know products announced at CES were considered finished....

Even when the GS2 was announced it wasnt finished. The firmware, drivers hadnt been finalized. Look at benchmarks before and after it was officially released. That reminds me...didnt Samsung delay it to up the cpu to 1.2Ghz?

Or was that a Twitter thing too?

I'm really not sure what you're point is... you seem to think I'm a Samsung fanboi or something and you being moto fanboi, you have to defend Moto's honor. Haha!

I already told you, (but you seem to have a short attention span) that I thought Samsung not bringing the SG2 to the US sucked... but if it doesn't even have LTE, then who gives a flip about the SG2? I won't.

You seem to be trying to make a point, so please, go ahead and make it already.

Nothing you have said so far refutes the fact that the Bionic was delayed back in April (or whenever it was exactly - it was so long ago I'm forgetting already) and is still being delayed until September.

Nothing.