Motorola Confirms a September Droid Bionic ICS update!!!

IT_Fella

Reaction score

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...that is not a Bionic shown on that link. No wonder we haven't gotten ICS yet...Moto doesn't know what the phone looks like. :rofl2:

It IS a Bionic, but it's the XT865 "Etna" model that never made it to manufacturing. So, in essence, it IS a Bionic. In a way.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Ahhh...that is not a Bionic shown on that link. No wonder we haven't gotten ICS yet...Moto doesn't know what the phone looks like. :rofl2:

Actually, that IS a Bionic, just the prototype that never made it to market.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I've been running .232 on a Bionic for weeks now, including some travel in and out of 4G areas, and the performance has been flawless. This should be a good thing for Bionic owners once it's finally released.

dautley

Reaction score
Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm not so sure this qualifies as the same type of thread. Those you mentioned are about various leaks that were found. True, they may have migrated to the possibility of the update coming in September, but this thread was started for that purpose only - to announce the Motoask posting mentioning update. Also, I don't think "rude" is really the right word. Perhaps "redundant" would be a less abrasive and more accurate representation.

DoctorV

Reaction score
It IS a Bionic, but it's the XT865 "Etna" model that never made it to manufacturing. So, in essence, it IS a Bionic. In a way.

Ok so it is confirmed that ICS will be released for the Etna prototype model of the Bionic this month and not the Targa production model that we all have ;)

pctechdude

Reaction score
Looking at those photos I'm glad I have a targa and not the Etna. That thing is ugly! But to each their own I guess. I still think the Bionic is a beautiful looking phone, and mine has been rock solid and built well :)