MIUI Based on Gingerbread in the future?

Antonius138

Reaction score
I have been a longtime user of MIUI but I admit that I recently tried out the beta of UD 3.0 which is a full working version of Gingerbread. It had its problems (random dropped network connectivity etc.) but I had to come back to MIUI as I just love the overall fit and finish. Keeping in mind the comment that I love about dev's dying a little inside each time someone asks...is this something that the dev's are working on in maybe an alpha phase or something?

Just sayin'...

A.

StealthMode

Reaction score
I'm sure they are trying to finalize MIUI first before they switch it up to 2.3, it's still in beta after all.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I have been a longtime user of MIUI but I admit that I recently tried out the beta of UD 3.0 which is a full working version of Gingerbread. It had its problems (random dropped network connectivity etc.) but I had to come back to MIUI as I just love the overall fit and finish. Keeping in mind the comment that I love about dev's dying a little inside each time someone asks...is this something that the dev's are working on in maybe an alpha phase or something?

Just sayin'...

A.

You're barking up the wrong tree. The devs for Miui are in China so unless you speak Chinese and you want to start posting in that language at Miui.com, you're not going to glean any insights on this forum.

OP
A

Antonius138

Reaction score
I'm sure they are trying to finalize MIUI first before they switch it up to 2.3, it's still in beta after all.

I was thinking of a new beta branch...would'nt it be safe to assume that at least one of those dev's has been playing abound with it?

A.

publicanimal

Reaction score

I was thinking of a new beta branch...would'nt it be safe to assume that at least one of those dev's has been playing abound with it?

A.

I don't think it's safe to assume that at all, but I agree that anything is possible.

OP
A

Antonius138

Reaction score
Cool, the point of the thread was just me thinking out loud about the possibilities. So never mind, moderator's just go ahead and close/remove this thread. I will just happily go back to lurking and keep my mouth closed.

A.

wenjinlover

Reaction score
MIUI ?????????2.3??? MIUI???? - ????Android ROM????
that thread is posted by a member of Chinese miui develop group.
上午看了2.3的视频,除了对游戏的和视频通话的支持外,新的电源管理和一键复制粘贴等小功能也很实用。

估计,最近看到2.3会是16日后,三星 neuxs s了。

我们小组会第一时间跟进移植的,另外,万恶的图库,我们先写一个新的替换上了:)

the red words says"We will update miui to 2.3 as soon as we can"

But that thread is posted on dec 7th, I didn't hear any more information from the forum.

Another thing is here:MIUI属于深度定制,在framework级别的改动很多,不会像其他ROM一样很快就能发出来。不过我们已经全力开动去做了。

that says miui changes many things at the level of framework, so it cost much time to get it work on 2.3~

publicanimal

Reaction score
miui ?????????2.3??? Miui???? - ????android rom????
that thread is posted by a member of chinese miui develop group.
上午看了2.3的视频,除了对游戏的和视频通话的支持外,新的电源管理和一键复制粘贴等小功能也很实用。

估计,最近看到2.3会是16日后,三星 neuxs s了。

我们小组会第一时间跟进移植的,另外,万恶的图库,我们先写一个新的替换上了:)

the red words says"we will update miui to 2.3 as soon as we can"

but that thread is posted on dec 7th, i didn't hear any more information from the forum.

Another thing is here:miui属于深度定制,在framework级别的改动很多,不会像其他rom一样很快就能发出来。不过我们已经全力开动去做了。

that says miui changes many things at the level of framework, so it cost much time to get it work on 2.3~

grab about the sofa!

illmatic636

Reaction score
You guys are right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anything is possible.
Remember that MIUI is built off Cyanogenmod 6 as a base. So ounce we see CM7, I'm sure they will find a way to build a GB MIUI Rom.

hoppermi

Reaction score
They are supporting 4 devices now, and only 1 has official GB (nexus one). I'm sure as more devices are upgraded and they have the GB proprietary drivers to use they will switch the base to GB. But I'm sure they want to release a stable froyo first:)