Maderstock vs Offcial?

BoJatey

Reaction score
What a beautiful thing to be able to flash back to. 340 with mader but is that ok to do before official GB comes out or should I sbf the official .340 to get back. Other than being able to flash mader, except if you're going back from GB leak, can vzn tell the difference between the two when you accept the official GB? I hear Liberty 2.0 final may be out tonight and well worth the wait because this will be my first flash, but need to know which method to use to get back before GB official comes out.

P.S. That's even if I,m gonna wanna go back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MasteRaven

Reaction score
I wonder the same thing. I heard recently that if you are not on 340, verizon will turn off service and data. Hope not. Root users are in trouble, including me if it's true.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I flashed the SBF from TBH when I was running Liberty 2.0 to get to GB. And I can tell you there was no indication that I had another ROM running on this phone what so ever from everywhere I looked. It was EXACTLY like it was the day it arrived.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I ran maderstock when I got the TBolt coming from liberty and bootlooped. I think if u are coming from a blurless Rom u have to sbf. Sbf is really easy I would do that anyway. And I wouldn't worry bout Verizon shutting anyone down. That will take a while if it happens they have to change TOS to shut u down just for being rooted. Now tethering may be a different story. But I am rooted and going to stay that way until they specifically tell me unroot or get cut off. Then I may just tell them shove it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DJxPanda

Reaction score
I flashed the SBF from TBH when I was running Liberty 2.0 to get to GB. And I can tell you there was no indication that I had another ROM running on this phone what so ever from everywhere I looked. It was EXACTLY like it was the day it arrived.

Yes but the thing you dont understand is if what p3 says is true verizon can track it based on ur phones id. Its something on their end that they can see but you cant. So you can look all you want, but if p3's sources hold true, vzn knows.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't care. I am upgrading phones in the next few months as soon as the D3 drops and this phone will join my D1 as a portable gaming\app device.....oh....and it will still be rooted and OC'd.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
I ran maderstock when I got the TBolt coming from liberty and bootlooped. I think if u are coming from a blurless Rom u have to sbf. Sbf is really easy I would do that anyway. And I wouldn't worry bout Verizon shutting anyone down. That will take a while if it happens they have to change TOS to shut u down just for being rooted. Now tethering may be a different story. But I am rooted and going to stay that way until they specifically tell me unroot or get cut off. Then I may just tell them shove it.

You are correct about ur first statement. In order for gb to take, you need to be on a blurred rom, I believe even just stock rooted. It wont take if ur blurless.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
There is a guide for sbf on the Droid x with a link but I can't remember where I found mine. The link takes you to Motorola's page of software. The file I used was VZW official .340 ota update.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
okay..
i don't know where you guys are getting your info.
i don't understand what your tryna get at...haha

your on the DeOdex Rooted GingerBread Right? as of right now? if not, ur still on froyo
the only ony your gonna be able to OTA is if you Flash back to Froyo (.340) and that requires to flash what ever workin .SBF files you have to get back to Stock Froyo..leaving no traces of Root
....and this is explaned very clearly on the threads where they had the leaked Rooted GingerBread posted...

so what method? clearly it would be flashin the .340 SBF in order to get the OTA, i don't know about the status of being able to Root while your on Gingerbread though, cuz the Devs who brought out the Leaked Rooted GB stated that if you wanted to keep root, you should not do the OTA...