Still time to flash?

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
you asking if you should still root because of the news?

The answer is yes.

Why? Because of the fact Apple tried to kill Cydia, the original root in a sense that allows the user to mod their iphone like a full computer and download every app store app for free along with other kickass mods. Cydia did everything that is being talked about years and years before what being abruptly thrown into peoples faces without real evidence.

The supreme court ruled in favor of cydia and the moding community saying anyone has the right to do what ever the hell they want with an item they buy.

The supreme court out weighs verizon the last time i checked

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No, I'm already rooted and I don't care if they know. Just weighing between custom roms and GB. From what I hear, stock .340 is harder to get back to from GB if I ever need to because you have to sbf, so I'm looking at the roms. Still confused about wipe/don't wipe because I'm reading about people boot looping and that's not going to happen to me for my first time.

axlx

Reaction score
you asking if you should still root because of the news?

The answer is yes.

Why? Because of the fact Apple tried to kill Cydia, the original root in a sense that allows the user to mod their iphone like a full computer and download every app store app for free along with other kickass mods. Cydia did everything that is being talked about years and years before what being abruptly thrown into peoples faces without real evidence.

The supreme court ruled in favor of cydia and the moding community saying anyone has the right to do what ever the hell they want with an item they buy.

The supreme court out weighs verizon the last time i checked

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No, I'm already rooted and I don't care if they know. Just weighing between custom roms and GB. From what I hear, stock .340 is harder to get back to from GB if I ever need to because you have to sbf, so I'm looking at the roms. Still confused about wipe/don't wipe because I'm reading about people boot looping and that's not going to happen to me for my first time.

Ah then cool :) well the loop I am not sure, GB has its issues, I like it however and don't think I will go back anytime soon unless liberty 2.0 is released for free. It isn't much of an issue though, if you have titanium backup and batch -> backup all user apps and data you can restore your apps. That will allow u to wipe and avoid a boot loop :)

But as for the problems I am honestly thinking every just read thinking the Apocalypse and ran to the door and breaking the handle, thinking a man with a flamethrower was going to walk into the room and burn them alive.Either this or they all installed the non rooted version of GB like me and had a bigger issues getting to clockwork.

Honestly the only real issue I had sbfing from non rooted BG back to the original was from the simple fact I used my laptop who would forget about my phone and at the 100% executed mark. To fix this I just went to a desktop computer and it worked first try. Just don't fiddle with the phone or the desktop and it is a snap.

If you are going from stock to the rooted GB (need it before the deox/w.e tying) it is not hard if you have the full sbf zip on you'r phone. If you had the rooted GB you just install the zip after making a backup in titanium and nandroid. After you install the zip of stock you simply select the wipe data/cache option like 4 times I believe to avoid boot loops (forget if its for going to GB or back to stock) Then do the same 4 cache wipes, after which you just reboot and restore from titanium after rooting. Be sure you are in the clockwork version though and not the stock with only 3-4 option instead of the 5 or so that are in the nandroid recovery.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
No, I'm already rooted and I don't care if they know. Just weighing between custom roms and GB. From what I hear, stock .340 is harder to get back to from GB if I ever need to because you have to sbf, so I'm looking at the roms. Still confused about wipe/don't wipe because I'm reading about people boot looping and that's not going to happen to me for my first time.[/QUOTE]

Actually sbf is really easy. I aggregation seen a lot of people going from GB back to Liberty.

Sent from my ADR6400L

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Do you really think Verizon is going to terminate any line when they have you paying them for x amount of dollars for service per month and then $30 on top of that for data.

Yeaaaright.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Even if they did start terminating contracts people would just take their smartphones right over to MetroPCS or Cricket and save money

axlx

Reaction score
Do you really think Verizon is going to terminate any line when they have you paying them for x amount of dollars for service per month and then $30 on top of that for data.

Yeaaaright.

No one does or should now. Just listed all the reason on the main thread explaining why any idea of Verizon doing diddly squat is like thinking you will becomes president of the united states at some point during you'r life.

Alot of people started making posts of people jumping ship after the post was read by a few people and reactions were made.

The only issue like I said earlier when going to the rooted gb, like I said above, was on the un-rooted version of GB was getting into clockwork which involved using a desktop and sbfing. (Laptop doesn't work)

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Even if they did start terminating contracts people would just take their smartphones right over to MetroPCS or Cricket and save money

They can take it to metropcs and cricket but good luck dealing with 1x internet. They don't have 3G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I think Cricket has 3G, and Metro is rolling out LTE which obviously doesn't compare to Verizon's.

For me though I spend 95% of my time connected to WiFi so it wouldn't even matter.

djsiva

Reaction score

They can take it to metropcs and cricket but good luck dealing with 1x internet. They don't have 3G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MetroPCS has 4G LTE in quite a few places. I doubt it compares to our speeds with VZW, but they do still have it.

Wadman

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't have to wait and see if someone has accepted the OTA update to see if they are rooted.....they can see every single app you have and if you have z4root, wireless tether, bootstrap, overclock, or anything else that requires root access, they can put 2 and 2 together. This is why I put no stock into any of this. IF they wanted to go after someone for rooting their phone there would be a lot involved. I can understand them wanting to go after someone that is using wireless tether and using 10+ gigs a month. But for rooting? I would have to see it to believe it..........

nemesis099

Reaction score
Honestly the only real issue I had sbfing from non rooted BG back to the original was from the simple fact I used my laptop who would forget about my phone and at the 100% executed mark. To fix this I just went to a desktop computer and it worked first try. Just don't fiddle with the phone or the desktop and it is a snap.

If you are going from stock to the rooted GB (need it before the deox/w.e tying) it is not hard if you have the full sbf zip on you'r phone. If you had the rooted GB you just install the zip after making a backup in titanium and nandroid. After you install the zip of stock you simply select the wipe data/cache option like 4 times I believe to avoid boot loops (forget if its for going to GB or back to stock) Then do the same 4 cache wipes, after which you just reboot and restore from titanium after rooting. Be sure you are in the clockwork version though and not the stock with only 3-4 option instead of the 5 or so that are in the nandroid recovery.

If you went to the rooted version of GB can you go back to Froyo without using SBFing or does this have to be done because of the new versions?

As far as the rooted phones go I think they just want to make it tough on any person rather then everyone. I doubt they will ban anyone because those people could claim breach of service keep the phone without paying the termination fee and then switch providers or sign up again through Verizon (if allowed) and get a new phone at a discounted price.

nemesis099

Reaction score
If you went to the rooted version of GB can you go back to Froyo without using SBFing or does this have to be done because of the new versions?

Let me clarify can I restore after going to GB back to Apex that I backed up before going to rooted GB or do I have to SBF to get back?

Thanks!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
You have to sbf when returning to a froyo rom from GB

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nemesis099

Reaction score
I figured that was the case, but thought I would ask. While I like GB I miss some of the features I had on Apex as well as the Theme.

salem

Reaction score
To all those that have rooted (including me)... I hope you know this will go down on your permanent records. lol