Kernel/theme for GB 4.5.591

Taylor93

Reaction score
Side note before you read: Yes I have only had my droid for 6 days, but I am aware of backing up everything with Dx Bstrap and Titanium Backup. I currently have a nandroid backup (stock froyo 2.3.340) and all my apps+ system data backed up with Titanium.

So I'm getting ready to install the new GB leak. I've had my droid for 6 days, and I haven't had much time to scroll through the forums searching for all sorts of kernels and themes. My question to everyone is what kernel and theme should I install for .591? Are amy compatiable yet or should I wait?

As a second option should I just use ChevyNo1's SS 5.2 GB Rom and then flash one of his Lv kernels? This seems to be the best, easiest way to run a clean non stock GB rom.

Also, once I install GB, am I able to re-root with z4 or do I need another program such as gingerbreak?

My last question is, after i finish all of this, what overclocking program should I use? SetCPU seems to allow the most indepth control and is noob friendly, but Droid X overclock also seems quite easy to use. As of right now i think SetCPU would be my choice.

Any response or advice is welcome

Taylor

Last edited:

foxky

Reaction score
Droid 1 roms do not work for the x. also the bootloader is locked so you can't change the kernels :/ but if you look in the Droid x roms section you'll find a bunch of them just for the x.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

Taylor93

Reaction score
Droid 1 roms do not work for the x. also the bootloader is locked so you can't change the kernels :/ but if you look in the Droid x roms section you'll find a bunch of them just for the x.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Oh alright. I know D1 roms won't work but I got confused when I was looking. If the bootloader is locked if I flash the GB leak how do I SBF back to start? The one I've used and have goes through bootloader because I refused to download RSDlite and all that crap. Gah.. so confusing

Last edited: