Bottom line....which is better on performance and battery life? Liberty 2.0 or GB?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to know....which is better on speed, performance, and battery life.....Liberty 2.0 or the leaked GB? I am tempted to install the leaked GB but I can't seem to talk myself into it....I think it's due to the required SBF to get back to Liberty.

So....help me decide....am I waiting for official Liberty 2.0 to be released or should I flash leaked GB tonight?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
So basically, even though rooting is legal the basic fact is that since the carrier does not support rooted devices, we will lose service and have contracts cancelled for it.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this mean I am not going to find out which is better on battery life?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So basically, even though rooting is legal the basic fact is that since the carrier does not support rooted devices, we will lose service and have contracts cancelled for it.

Thats basically what it comes down to....

About battery life, i dont know which is better because we dont have gingie for d2g but i would think Liberty would be simply because of no blur. Blur is notorius for being leaky and drains battery.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ah.....I have just noticed that the move from 1.5 to 2.0 has seemed to drain battery twice as fast. In all actuality I think I remember getting best battery life out of stock

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thats odd..... I got terrible battery life out of stock, even with the same oc profiles JuiceDefender settings etc. I get pretty good battery life out of Liberty though, about 14 hours a day with moderate use, about 6 with really heavy use.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Yeah, I read that P3Droid post last night. This one on his Twitter got me...

P3Droid Team Black Hat
so don't take this personal or do, but piss off, if you loaded GB u had already been tracked, get off my back I carry enough weight already
11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So I guess those of us that took the plunge are being tracked by the big men... But then he said...

P3Droid Team Black Hat
lets clarify things, the tracking and database was done long before we leaked GB, so when you rooted when u got ur phone u were got.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So apparently we have all been added to the "rooted" list even before GB? His statements seem to kind of contradict each other. At first it was if you loaded GB you are toast.. now it's if you root at all. I guess only time will tell.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Jcase said it was over hyped..that VZW isn't spying on rooted users and I agree....I have several buddies who work for big red and they're rooted too so idk

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I tend to believe it is a little overhyped too based on the fact that nobody has confirmed getting denied a warranty claimed. Even if they are on some "list" there has been no effect yet. I understand the general message of his write up, but the doomsday stuff I don't quite believe just yet.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im confused too. So if you are rooted Verizon can cancel your account? Why not just void the manufacturers Warranty in case someone wants to make a claim. Anyone with a rooted phone won't have warranty only insurance claims shall be approved

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think the reason no one has been denied yet is because they havent actively been pursuing it. They've been pretty lax about it so far, I think thats going to stop soon though.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Tracking rooted users? Cancellation of contracts?

Not one bit concerned, VZW loses too much if its true. There are other carriers that wouldn't mind the business.

Back on topic. Rooted GB has given me great battery life and performance without the bugs and occasional reboots with Liberty 1.5. Miss the features of Liberty is all, but am very satisfied overall with GB.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

Last edited: