Which rom?

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I've been running liberty gb rom, latest nightly, but I'm wanting to try a new rom.

Suggestions? I've been looking at miui and cyanogen. But not sure which gets better battery life. And I read somewhere a new kernel was coming out so I'm not sure if I should wait to flash.

And if I go with cyanogen, should I use the all in one? Or sbf manually?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd wait a bit...CVPCS just tweeted that he has 2nd-init GB kernel working on the DX, so we should see CM7/MIUI D2 ROMs coming out "soon" that should have more stability and better battery life due to the GB kernel.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Would it be worth it to flash to cyanogenmod now?

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
I wouldnt wait at all since you can just flash the GB kernal 2nd init roms when they come out.

MIUI-something different with a lot of polish(ok battery life)
Cm7-AOSP, fast, tons of customization(less that desirable battery life but tolerable)
Zombiestomped-battery life, blur

-My opinion

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would it be worth it to flash to cyanogenmod now?

No, the battery life is terrible.

I wouldnt wait at all since you can just flash the GB kernal 2nd init roms when they come out.

MIUI-something different with a lot of polish(ok battery life)
Cm7-AOSP, fast, tons of customization(less that desirable battery life but tolerable)
Zombiestomped-battery life, blur

-My opinion

MIUI is amazing, and Framework43 not only got 2nd-init going for the GB kernel, but someone also donated him a D2. I'm looking forward to the future of MIUI. CM7 is awesome, however, they still haven't quite contained the battery issue. If you're near a charger, CM7 is a good option. ZS is dead.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I've just been being horrible battery life with liberty should I go back to zombie stomped then?

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Ive never used liberty so I cant compare, but I found Zombiestomped to have pretty dang good battery life, so if thats what you want go for it (although development has stopped for it). Cm7 and MIUI are getting better battery as time goes on, i beileve there is a bettery fix for each that helps a little bit.

Oh and Urbanbouncer, they really got MIUI on a GB kernal for droid 2? Like on thats ready for download, or in experimental stages? I havnt heard of this.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and Urbanbouncer, they really got MIUI on a GB kernal for droid 2? Like on thats ready for download, or in experimental stages? I havnt heard of this.

Yes, it's coming very soon.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
so pumped for 2ndinit GB kernel! Especially since I use apex rc2 as my daily rom. CM7 was nice but batt life was not good enough for me.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Will 2nd init fix battery problems or at least improve it's life

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Will 2nd init fix battery problems or at least improve it's life

The GB kernel should improve battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Hey OP, Im not sure if you have already decieded on a ROM but cm7 just got the GB kernal and it seems to be pretty helpfull with battery life (still just a little hard to tell). Its not quite ready to be a daily driver for most (few bugs but they are critical for many people) but this might be the rom for you considering battery life seems to be important to you. If your interested keep watch on it, [DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 CM7 with Gingerbread Leak Kernel

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Nope, I never switched off liberty .9 gb. And that's awesome, I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens. Other than that though to switch from liberty to cyanogen, should I use the all in one? Or just bite the bullet and sbf, I've seen mixed reviews on the all in one