Bottom line....which is better on performance and battery life? Liberty 2.0 or GB?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
What happened to this privacy crap. Are we turning into 3rd world countries spying on our citizens.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

knivesout

Reaction score
Yeah this is ridiculous, I agree with the previous poster, VZW has too much to lose if they decide to start going after people for customizing their own d**n phones.

As for GB, the performance and battery life is pretty good, certainly comparable to Liberty. I haven't tried out 2.0, but was on 1.5 since it came out. I'm not sure why people are so wary of the SBF process, it takes like 15 minutes and involves clicking two buttons in RSDlite. If you bootloop, battery pull, recovery, wipe data/cache, and you're set.

jocko1

Reaction score
Hm, that food for thought article is very interesting. Looks like I'm never updating to the OTA GB1. But, the reason for all measures is, imo, tied directly to the free wireless tethering, which in turn, is money. I didn't get to live in the OG Droid glory days. I missed out big time.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok can someone post a link to the rooted gb leak... and. Deodexed please

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am passing for now and will stick with the one I am on

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

rudydroid

Reaction score
i've used liberty 1.5 and now have 2.0 installed.
i usually only have to charge once a day with moderate use, which for me means the screen is frequently on and i have it set up for several apps to notify me of incoming email, texts, etc., as well as news updates and weather updates in the background.
have not used the leaked gb, so cannot comment on its battery life.

fishaholic

Reaction score
I have 26 hrs on one charge! best ive ever had on any rom!!!!

CAP2011040413452.jpg

edwards2243

Reaction score
Suit yourself! I'm loving new blur. :)

I'm loving the new blur too...especially since I went back to the rooted odexed and got rid of the bootloops. Haven't noticed any significant battery loss either.

As for the article, I doubt they'll ever do anything to those on the "list" (at least I hope, because I'm on it), but I'm willing to bet some changes to future phones will be made to limit the ability to root...even more than a locked bootloader.

zoe

Reaction score
battery life on gb has been about the same as 1.5 for me. went before the 2.0 dropped, and its taken a bit of effort to get gb set the way I want it. some things have been changed at lower levels so not all apps have been working ie. battery history isn't supported on my x.(?)
biggest problem so far has been that I'm running the phone enough to drop 10% an hour, reading too many forum posts and such.
since I know that gb will be coming officially some day, I'm going to stay and hope a 2.0 liberty isn't too far off. going back to froyo, then to lib 2.0 with a forseeable move to gb again just sends like too much treading water for me. I need to put the phone down and do some actual work at some point

-- off topic bits --

if you root, well yes VZW knows eventually, how is up for discussion, but the whole thing is still overblown atm, why does it only exist on a few forums with no wider mention? if action was being taken, it would get more attention than what we're seeing.

I've had no issues with the deodexed update, and generally from what I've seen too many people aren't fully taking all the necessary steps for things like this, then cry for help and still can't seem to make an effort to themselves. yes ask for help, there are plenty of ppl willing ti save you... but don't be an early adopter if you don't have the experience or skills (including how to search for info) to undo something beyond your abilities

[insert_here]

fishaholic

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the deodexed update, and generally from what I've seen too many people aren't fully taking all the necessary steps for things like this, then cry for help and still can't seem to make an effort to themselves. yes ask for help, there are plenty of ppl willing ti save you... but don't be an early adopter if you don't have the experience or skills (including how to search for info) to undo something beyond your abilities

Amen.... well said!