Question for those who installed the gb leaks

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
When it comes to launcher I am curious if you guys are using adw, Launcher pro or the stock one in the gb leak. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

I ran SPB Shell 3D for a few.... then LPP, but i havent really given the stock one a run.

Speed, performance, and battery life are key for me. Do launchers affect any of these?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

knivesout

Reaction score
I personally used ADW EX and loved it. Launcher can definitely affect speed (transitions between screens) and battery life. Really liked the theme capabilities of ADW, and the screen transition effects of EX. Always was really snappy for me and didn't seem to use much battery.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Used stock a few hours. Liked it. Settled better on lpp again...just works better.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jdog94

Reaction score
i have pretty much stuck with stock so far. i have used LP some and i have used livehome some..... if you havnt tried live home you should give it a try its a great launcher

foxky

Reaction score
I also use adw ex and it's smoother than blurlauncher. never had a problem with battery life. also the home screen gestures are too useful to give up :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
LPP for me, love the themed one I got over at XDA and performance is great.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having such a tough time settling on a Launcher. I don't know if I should keep using LPP, switch back to SBP Shell 3D, or just go with stock....

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Before the GB leak, I would switch between ADW and Launcher Pro, but ended up sticking with Launcher Pro. Now that I have the GB leak I'm sticking with stock. It runs very well for me and gives a lot of options that I really like. My battery just seems normal, but I'm very satisfied with the stock they made for gingerbread.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do like several of the features in the stock....seems each launcher has perks and con's. LPP gives you the ability to hide apps....stock and SPB don't. SPB gives you unlimited homescreens and uninstall from app drawer....LP doesn't. Stock also gives you uninstall options....and profiles which neither LPP nor SPB do.

Ugh....this is a horrible decision.

roboots21

Reaction score
Try out Go Launcher EX. I was on LPP and am giving Go Launcher a whirl.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Right now I'm using Spb but I was using the stock one for a while. I have a question. Has anyone else been able to run the stock launcher while another one is installed? It doesn't even give me the option to use stock when another launcher is installed. Am I missing something? Because it's kind of annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jdog94

Reaction score
Right now I'm using Spb but I was using the stock one for a while. I have a question. Has anyone else been able to run the stock launcher while another one is installed? It doesn't even give me the option to use stock when another launcher is installed. Am I missing something? Because it's kind of annoying.

get moto home fix from market

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

get moto home fix from market

Thanks, I appreciate it.