Going back to .340 from GB Problem

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
So I flashed the rooted GB leak a couple days ago and just tried to go back to .340 using maderstock. I turned off usb debugging and booted into clockwork recovery. Then I cleared data and cache and then flashed maderstock. Everything goes well until it gets to updating radio. It hangs up and then it says installation aborted because of error in /sdcard/maderstock340.zip (status 7). I have used the maderstock file to restore the phone before trying a new rom and it has always worked fine. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I would really like to not have to sbf since I don't have a pc and would have to find one to borrow.

Last edited:

timelord

Reaction score
You can't flash a .zip file back to stock. You must sbf back to .340. GB installed a whole new system on the phone, so your old .340 applications, roms, backups no longer work. You must sbf the phone back to .340

izzo540

Reaction score
Timelord I don't mean to be rude but I did flash to the .340 SBF coming off of a rooted rom, and I got back to stock with maderstock ZIP without a problem. It can perform the same process as doing an SBF if you need it to you just need to make sure none of the files are corrupt and that all of the transfers complete properly.

Try downloading another copy of maderstock or if you can get into your operating system pay the 2 dollars to support TBH and download there .340 SBF zip, it ran fine off of Droid 2 Bootstrap and then I flashed to the gingerbread leak coming off of the newest Rubix w/ blur.

OP
D

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Yeah I have heard other people saying they used maderstock or the tbh .zip to get back to .340 from gingerbread. I guess I will buy the tbh app and see if their .340 .zip will work for me. I have no idea why maderstock isn't working as it has always worked before and I don't see why the file would be bad. Having to sbf isn't the end of the world I guess, it would just be nice not to have to do it.

izzo540

Reaction score
I think that you're just having a problem with that particular zip may've been a bad dl. Could corrupt. Maybe gb doesn't want you flashing using a zip either way rsd lite sbfing is almost fool proof because u can't remove the bootloader from the phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

timelord

Reaction score
Timelord I don't mean to be rude but I did flash to the .340 SBF coming off of a rooted rom, and I got back to stock with maderstock ZIP without a problem. It can perform the same process as doing an SBF if you need it to you just need to make sure none of the files are corrupt and that all of the transfers complete properly.

Try downloading another copy of maderstock or if you can get into your operating system pay the 2 dollars to support TBH and download there .340 SBF zip, it ran fine off of Droid 2 Bootstrap and then I flashed to the gingerbread leak coming off of the newest Rubix w/ blur.

I'll say this again, you can't flash a .340 zip from gb back to .340. iI you could, there would be no need for sbf would there? read the directions that came with the rooted gb install, please.

izzo540

Reaction score
How are you going to tell me I cant do something if I did it myself and I'm telling you that I completed the task already successfully maybe not maderstock I use team black hats zip to flash my operating system back from gingerbread to 340 you are a moron .

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
There is no reason why you cant go from the Pre-rooted/Deodexed GB release back to stock using the maderstck file, seeing as it is essentially a 2.3.340 file itself. Plenty of people have did it already...

The reason you had to SBF back originally was because the first GB release did not have root, therefore you couldnt load or get into CMW in order to flash anything... Once the pre-rooted version was released, there was no real reason to SBF unless you didnt have or know how to use the maderstck file...

Now, if you do experience an issue using the maderstck file, then your next recourse is to use RSD Lite and SB back....

OP
D

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
I have used the maderstock file many times before and never had any problem. I had rooted GB and when flashing maderstock (I tried twice) it was unsuccessful for some reason. I then bought the TBH app and downloaded their full .340 sbf in zip format and it worked like a charm. I am now running liberty 1.5 from a backup and glad to have it back.

OP
D

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
You were quite correct sir. Thanks for the suggestion.