Liberty and 340 sbf

mcp770

Reaction score
Always had odd glitchy issues with liberty 1.5 even after using the maderstock zip and performing fresh install. Thought I would try again with the new full 340 sbf that was released the other day. So far no issues what so ever and even runs smoother than 1.0. Just a heads up to anyone having issues.

Troop

Reaction score
Good to know. I plan to SBF when the next version of Liberty drops prior to install.

Thanks for the tip.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
And what's even better, is if you have the TBH app from market. It has a the sbf in a zip file so you

can run it through recovery and not have to use RSD lite. Of course this won't work if you can't get

past the bootloader screen. But comes in handy by not having to run RSD every time to sbf.

Thanks to DetoX for bringing this to my attention ;)

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
So is the tbh one different than maderstock in that it is just 340 not 320 then all the pieces of 340 installed after?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So is the tbh one different than maderstock in that it is just 340 not 320 then all the pieces of 340 installed after?

It's the full 2.3.340 sbf just released. But it's in a 253MB zip instead.

This way you can keep it on your SD card for a clean start anytime. But like I said, if you can't get

out of the bootloader or can't get to Clockwork, you will have to flash sbf the old fashioned way. RSD style.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
ah....ok. Yeah I don't want to get anything that isn't made for my D2

Well I'm not positive but I think they make it for a variety of devices. So check out the app it will tell you what it supports.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
well it had my phone listed. I am happy with Liberty and don't want to change ROM's but I do want some SBF action up in here just in case things go south ya dig? So $2 to save a $500 phone seems like a good deal....I mean I do have insurance and all so I could just run over my phone on "accident" should I brick it or something.....:wacko:

I'm just kidding here guys....I just recall someone else saying they did that and thought it was funny as heck.....pretty sure I wouldn't commit insurance fraud over a phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Good to know. I plan to SBF when the next version of Liberty drops prior to install.

Thanks for the tip.

So this is back to bone stock and not just a stock backup? Does that just make the whole deal cleaner for the next Liberty install?

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
When ever I change versions of a rom I just wipe data and cache unless specified by the dev. The framework is usually the same so no biggie. When I switch to different roms entirely I use an sbf or full stock zip to completely get the phone back to unrooted stock and ensure a clean install of new framework. Might be overkill but I seldom have issues doing it that way.

rion_j

Reaction score
So, I'm having some issues with Lib 1.5. Device gets HOT, Random Reboots, Device Shuts off, Battery Drain. I have the SBF file, DX-Monster_2.3.340_updater.zip, on my SD Card from the TBH app. I assume I can simply go to Clockwork Recovery > install zip from SD Card > choose zip from sdcard and start all over again correct?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I'm having some issues with Lib 1.5. Device gets HOT, Random Reboots, Device Shuts off, Battery Drain. I have the SBF file, DX-Monster_2.3.340_updater.zip, on my SD Card from the TBH app. I assume I can simply go to Clockwork Recovery > install zip from SD Card > choose zip from sdcard and start all over again correct?

Haven't used it yet, but that's what they say. That's why it's in the zip form. Now I'm not sure if it

leaves you without root or not. Always a good thing to leave a copy of the z4root apk on your

SD card too, just in case.

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score

Same issues after day two. the screen won't activate and the phone feels like it could burst into flames it gets so hot. Liberty is a bust for me...way to buggy on my phone.